Chap. 23

"Well, it's nice to see you, Peach," Rosalina said as Peach, Mario, and Bowser Jr. arrived.

"It's nice to see you too, Rosalina," Peach said back as she gave Rosalina a hug.

"Feel free to chill guys while Peach and I catch up," Rosalina told Mario and Bowser Jr. as she took Peach outside. (Rosalina had a home on earth so she could chill out until she had to defend the galaxy. [This {probably} isn't true; this is a fanfic, after all.])

"So, Luigi told me the whole story and plan," Rosalina started. "Does anyone besides him and Bowser know about it?"

"Just Bowser Jr., and that's all," Peach answered. "He won't tell; he's a good boy...most of the time."

"Well, the plan is this," Rosalina started, "you'll have your child in the woods, and me, Kirby, and Donkey Kong will be there to help you. I'll be able to heal you up, should the child...tear your insides. Donkey Kong will be there to hold you down. And Kirby will be able to take us all home on his star."

"Seems like a good plan, and if Mario is still asleep from those drugs, then all the better," Peach said.

"PEACH!" Mario shouted. "COME ON! WE STILL GOT LIKE TWO FRIENDS TO VISIT!"

"Oh, better get going," Peach exclaimed as she gave Rosalina a quick hug and hopped into the pipe with Bowser Jr. and Mario.

***

They were now in Dreamland, where Kirby and his friends were just chilling out with the large penguin guy's minions. (Peach never learned Kirby's friends' names.)

When they saw Peach, Mario and Bowser Jr., they made their way towards them. Kirby and the penguin guy hugged Peach, while the one that looked kinda like a bat chilled out on a rock reading a book.

"Wow, they must've really missed you," Mario said as he chuckled.

Kirby babbled, but Peach could understand most of what he was saying (which was convenient, because Mario nor Bowser Jr. could understand Kirby's babbling).

"How you been doing?" Kirby asked.

"I've been doing good," Peach replied. "What about you?"

"I been doing well. He try steal cake, though," Kirby replied as he pointed at the penguin guy, who gave a look of protest.

"That's not good," Peach said in a slight baby voice.

"So how's child doing?" Kirby asked.

"Good," Peach replied as she looked at Mario, who still obviously couldn't understand a word Kirby said.

"Anyone else know of what gonna go down?" Kirby asked.

"Just me, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Luigi, you, Rosalina, Donkey Kong, and I think that's it," Peach answered.

"Do they know?" Peach pointed at Kirby's friends.

"They do," Kirby answered. "He not so happy about it, but he agree to help out with it."

Kirby then pointed at his bat/Kirby-looking friend, who (or what, it doesn't matter how you see it) looked up slightly, then looked back down at his/its book.

"Well, I gotta go," Peach said as she gave Kirby one last hug. "See y'all later!"

She followed Mario and Bowser Jr. to the pipe.

"Bye," Kirby called out.

***

They were now in a town next to a forest.

They found Donkey Kong hanging out with his friend, Diddy. Donkey Kong noticed Peach and waved for her, Mario, and Bowser Jr. to come over. He then made a series of grunting sounds and arm movements, but of course, Peach could understand. Mario and Bowser Jr. couldn't, so Donkey Kong used sign language. Bowser Jr. didn't understand sign language, so Mario translated.

"He says, 'Hello Peach, Mario, and Bowser Jr.,'" Mario translated. "'How have you guys been?' We've been doing good. How have you been?"

Donkey moved his arms and hands (and fingers).

"'I've been good. Diddy has been doing good, too,'" Mario continued translating.

Donkey Kong then used his series of grunts and arm movements, and Mario began to look annoyed. Peach quickly figured out that he was "talking" only to her.

"How's the child, Peach?" he asked with his grunts and arm movements.

"Good," Peach replied. Mario continued to look confused, and Peach said it was a surprise. Mario then winked and talked to Bowser Jr. about life.

"And no, Mario doesn't know, and nor does Daisy," Peach continued.

"Good, keep it that way," Donkey Kong replied. "Personally, I don't trust her."

"Who, Daisy?" Peach asked rhetorically. "I never told her because, well, she might not be very nice about it."

"Understandable," Donkey Kong replied. "Well, y'all had better get going." (He said this in sign language.)

"Ok, bye," Bowser Jr. said as he followed Mario down the pipe.

Peach gave Donkey and Diddy Kong a hug before also following Mario and Bowser Jr. down the pipe. When they got home, Peach told Bowser and Luigi everything.

"Well, be sure to prepare yourself, Peach," Luigi said quietly.

"Because once it's time, you won't be able to prepare at all," Bowser added.