Author's Dedication

To Tellie Stone, may you rest in peace.

My grandmother is the reason I learned to be true to myself, until I let the constraints of paying bills and the stress of society's standards get in the way. The time I spent with her as a child was the most precious gift. It left a mark on me that I have buried away for far too long. But, it is time for me to become the person I was before. Unlike her, I have let this life bleed through and break me. I have become too self-conscious and worried about others' opinions to the point I have stopped enjoying creating. She lived her life for herself and the ones she loved. She did not let anyone or anything else change that. She was a stubborn old hen. She only believed in the beauty of this world and let the negativity blow away. She never let the cruelty of others bleed through the cracks and taint her. Some may think she was naive, childish even, but she did what she needed to. To become the remarkable woman she was, the woman who never let time age her. My own version of Peter Pan, the woman who never grew up, my Grandmother, Tellie Stone.

In honor of her, I want to follow my passion and create worlds again, but this time on paper or computer. Even when this world might try to taint me and crush my spirit, I will take a page from my dear grandmother and put my blinders on and let the negativity blow away.

To be blissful is to be wonderfully naive. To be naive is to be stubbornly blissful.

~ Tellie Strange ~