14. Friends Like Family

Start from the beginning

"I am also your kidnapper, remember? So let me take you." He passes a small smile my way and I wonder how and when he turned into so understanding, mature person. Was he the same person who passed taunts and was mad at me for not having enough time for a heart to heart talk?

"But I want Swayam to take me!" Pia whined again. Is she not satisfied with what all happened? I press my forehead with my palm and slightly massage it as migraine was making its way.

Then I thought again that I want to get rid of her as soon as possible and the only way out is, to give into her demand and to take her to the guest room quickly. I thought over it again, and I found it better. I went to her and held her wrist and started to drag her to the guest room quickly. Her another hand was held by Rey and he too was dragging her along with me, helping me.

The whole way till the door which is now in front of us, she was giggling. I gestured Rey to open the door and he left her and opened the door for us. I quickly without wasting anymore time, dragged her throught the room, taking her to the bed, to its side, so that I can lay her and go. But when I did so, I think she tripped or slipped or don't know what happened but I felt a pull in my grip and I too lost my balance and we landed on the sofa that was beside, with me on top of her and she lying below me, in a not so comfortable position.

With the bit of moonlight peeping in trough the window, I saw her face highlighted with her beautiful features. She looked so angelic. She looked Divine! I was looking at her eyes and they held so much innocence in it, a strange twinkle in them, which I hadn't seen before... The reality hit me when Rey turned the lights on. Oh shit! What was I doing again? I raised my head a little above and saw Rey standing beside me. He smirked at me, and he is back!

I struggled to get up, and that's when I realised that Pia has passed out, with all her weight on my neck which she held by her arms and I was unable to get up straight. I sighed in defeat and adjusted myself kneeling beside her and scooted her up in my arms, in a bridal way to be specific. Had this been any other situation, Rey would have teased the hell out of me, but don't know what's upto him today. He's behaving quite strange. I laid her on the bed and pulled my neck out of her grip, finally!

I took few steps back and sat on the stool of the dressing table, beside the bed. I stared at Pia,my thoughts running wild now. What was happening to me? 'I like you!' These three words have raised a havoc of emotions in me! I rested my elbows on my knees and placed my face in my palm. My senses then were back into the memory lane with my Sharon...

"I love you Swayam!" Sharon had said standing at the beach, under the moonlit sky... A total romantic moment for us.

I remember that day because it was so so special! Any moment with my Sharon was so special.

"I love you more!" I said leaning in and placing a soft kiss on her forehead, full of love. We walked on the shore, while I held her in my arms and she, me. Enjoying the comfortable silence between us, letting hearts talk their own language, finding solace in each other's embrace... One of the best quality time I spent with her and one of the most special nights I spent with her.

I felt to laugh at my own fate! I think it is enjoying so much playing with my emotions like this. But this time, I will not let anyone pity me, play with my emotions or hurt me!

I jerked a bit, startled, when I felt a hand over my shoulders. I removed my hands and looked up at Rey standing in front of me. I realised I was not alone in the room and quickly wiped the one or two tears that managed to escape somehow. I got a clearer view of him and he looked at me with brows raised.

"What's the matter?" Rey asked skeptically watching me. I couldn't meet his gaze and looked here and there as if a child had been caught doing some mischief.