XIV. A Lady's Logs

The Blue Faerie:

A substance of unknown origins, presumed to be remnants of a fairy princess' dust. The dust allegedly contains properties that grant life to anything it touches: from the inanimate rock to the infinite dead, it was dubbed as the alternate philosopher stone, and the key to the Elixir of Life. It produces light and energy that can rival the power of all steam engines or electrical conductors ever to exist.

There are purported stories that the substance was first discovered around the early 1400s before Nicholas Flamel's supposed death. Up to this day, the rumors surrounding Flamel's disappearance is a mystery; with most scholars of the underworld believing that the alchemist roams all over Europe in search of the missing piece to perfect the Blue Faerie substance.

Known effects of the Blue Faerie:

Generally harmless when in human is in contact. People of ill intent however, are susceptible to madness and hysteria. Demons, being of a generally darker background, are more susceptible to addiction, impulsive behavior, corruption, and untimely death. No research has proven how the Blue Faeries has caused the abovementioned effects, but one can guarantee that when exposed to the dust, all sense of self is lost, and the eagerness to possess it becomes an unhealthy obsession.

Me and my sisters have been in contact with it recently. Strangely, the substance did not affect us as much as I thought it would. It was tame, quelled into a spherical globe of light powering an automaton of the Lord of Aster's keeping. Its vessel was like a child, innocent and naïve to the horrors of the world, yet held a wisdom and maturity beyond her years—or what seemed her physical years. Strange things surround this particular doll, and it is only right that we, the Seer Sisters, must keep watch of her and observe her.

With that being said, I am happy to report that the lord is well and good. He is still the same prick as he always was.

We will continue to keep watch over him and all of the Faelore manor.

... ... ...

Jennie watched as the child tried her stay beside the lord, despite the obvious discomfort. But it seemed she'd rather stay close to the lord than be anywhere near them now with their elongated fangs and heavy breaths.

The moment Samantha made mention of the Blue Faerie, Jennie snapped free from her trance and held the lord by his collar, not minding the impropriety.

"You. Brought. A Blue Faerie. From London? To us?!" Jennie hissed angrily. "What is wrong with you, Lucian?"

Lucian stood, pulling the girl behind him. A wicked smirk painted his face, his red eyes shimmering with unconcealed mirth. What was so amusing that he had to wear that stupid smirk all the time?

"Would you, pray tell, explain what a Blue Faerie is, dear cousin?" he hissed. Jennie couldn't tell whether he was pissed or amused.

"It's a dangerous little ball of death, you annoying little prick in the arse, that's what it is!" Samantha spat. Very rarely did Sammie ever let loose against the lord.

"Only Luci would do something so reckless!" Mary Anne whined.

"Precisely." Samantha agreed.

Lucian scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest. "Why do you berate me when I know nothing of some Blue Faerie, or whatever it is."

The sisters shared looks with one another, expecting one of them to disclose. After a few moments of awkward silence, Jennie sighed in exasperation. She decided she'd be the one to make the exposition—as always.