The Game Room

It had been a while since I had seen Negan. Two weeks over Christmas break. I had actually kind of missed him. I walked into his office with a smile on my face early that Tuesday morning. "Ken! To what do I owe the pleasure?" I blushed, "I wanted to see you." He smiled. "What for?" I stuttered when I spoke. He looked like had gotten stronger over the break. "Just because." He smirked and walked over to me. "Did you miss me, kiddo?" I hugged him in response and I almost started crying. It had felt like an eternity since I hugged him, since Peyton and I had fought in the locker room. "I'll take that as a yes. Your cuts are all healed up from the whole Peyton fiasco last year." He grabbed my chin and he looked at my face. "Not a single scar." He looked into my eyes and let go. "My dad freaked out when I got home. He grounded me that weekend." I looked at the ground. The entire thing was petty and stupid. "Well, he had a reason to. If you were my daughter and someone tried to fuck up your face, I'd lose it." I laughed. He could always cheer me up. "Your dad.. it's Rick Grimes, right? Scruffy dude. The sheriff?" At this point I was confused. "How'd you know?" He told me a story about how my dad had broken up some sort of fight in a bar when he was there Saturday night. "Oh, wow. That's kind of cool. Did you guys talk at all?" He shook his head and said, "Seemed like a pretty okay guy, though." Then an idea popped into my head. "Hey, you should come over later tonight. It'd be pretty cool to meet the guy whom you witnessed break up a bar fight." He laughed and nodded. "Yeah. It would." My face lit up. "Oh my gosh, yes. I'll call and ask" He smirked and I blushed. "Sounds like a plan, kid. Let me know later. Now get to class before you're late, okay?"
Once back to class. I took out my phone and called my father. "Dad.. hey. Listen, my favorite teacher saw you in action and wants to come over for dinner tonight. Can he? Please?" Dad sighed in a reluctant tone and eventually said yes. Soon after, Lucas walked in the classroom. "Hey. Who were you talking to?" He asked. "Just my dad," I replied. "I asked him if N- Coach Negan could come over for dinner. He wants to meet him since he saw my dad in action." Lucas sighed, "You have a total crush on him, don't you? And don't lie because I can tell." I laughed and tried to avoid the topic, "That's crazy. By the way, did you do last night's homework?" He rolled his eyes. "Fair point, Ken. Well played." Just then, Miss Jones walked in and we began math class.
I was outside waiting in the parking lot for Lucas to come outside. He always ends up forgetting his guitar. I really had to get home if I was going to be there to help Dad cook dinner. I then heard a familiar voice behind me. "Ken. Hey." I smiled and turned around to face him. Negan, of course. "Hey. My dad said it was cool for you to come over tonight." He smiled. "That's awesome. So are you waiting on your dad?" I shook my head and he suddenly caught on. "Oh god no. That fedora kid is taking you home, isn't he?" I laughed "What's wrong with Lucas?" He smirked, "I don't want you making those same bad fashion choices, Ken. That type of thing can ruin your life." We both laughed and I rolled my eyes. "Well, he's kinda my ride, so no choice." I suddenly got a text from Lucas.

3:45 pm
Hey, I just found out I had practice today.
Sorry!! :( ~Lucas
It's cool, I'll get another ride. ~Ken

"Shit. He just canceled on me. He forgot about rehearsal." He smiled at me and I blushed. "I can take you home. You shouldn't be out in the cold like this." There was no way that I was passing this up. "Really?" He gave me his leather jacket and put his arm around me. "Of course. C'mon kid." He led me to his Ford Focus. Figures he would drive something like this.
     After about ten minutes of giving him directions, we actually started talking. I think it was a little awkward for both of us, me being in his car. "You didn't tell your dad that I was involved in that whole Peyton thing did you? I wouldn't want him to be pissed at me." I rolled my eyes, "I'm not that crazy. My dad knows what he needs to know." He sighed in relief, "Good. He seems like he could dish out a few punches and take a couple himself." I punched him in the arm playfully. "You could take him, Negan." He laughed and put his hand over mine. "Sure, kid."
     We pulled up to my house and he turned to me. "Where's your dad?" He asked. My father wouldn't be home for another three hours and I knew that. "He'll be home soon. He gets off late sometimes. Wanna come inside?" We walked in and I took him to the game room in the basement. "I wanna show you something." We walked down stairs and I flipped on the light switch. "Ho-ly shit." There was a ping pong table, a pool table, air hockey table, a dart board, and a pin ball machine. Dad made a lot of money busting drunk teens on Halloween so Christmas presents were always the best from him. "I know it's a little late but merry fucking Christmas to me." He was so happy. It was adorable. "Thought you'd like it." I picked up a ping pong paddle. "First to ten?" He smirked. "You're on, kid."
     We spent the next hour playing. He beat me three times and I beat him twice. "Alright, kiddo. Let's take a quick ten and grab some water or something." We went up to the kitchen and I threw him a water bottle. "You're good, but not good enough to beat me too many times." I laughed and sat on the counter. "Oh I'll get there eventually." He stood in front of me. "You are my ping pong MVP." I smiled, "I will gladly take that title." I leaned down and kissed him. He put his hands on my waist and pulled me down from the counter. "I knew you had it bad for me, kid." I blushed, "Guilty. What are we going to do? I just kissed my gym teacher and you just got kissed by a sophomore." He put his hand on my cheek. "It'll be okay. Listen, we can't let people find out about this or we'll be in huge trouble. I know that sounds creepy but it's true." I nodded and he looked into my eyes and kissed me again. "If my dad finds out, he'll have you arrested." He rolled his eyes. "I can take him, remember?" Just then, we heard my dad walk in the door. "Shit.." He quickly got back from me and Dad walked into the kitchen. "Hey, dad. This is Coach Negan." Negan shook Dad's hand and they seemed like they'd get along pretty well. All we had to do was not seem suspicious.

A/N: Hey everyone, hope you didn't miss the story too much. I have been extremely busy and wanted to get a story out before Christmas. Sorry to leave you all on a bit of a cliffhanger. Stay tuned to find out how it goes.
P.S.: For the sake of the story and also because I don't like Lori, this is pre-Carl and Rick hasn't met Lori yet. Lucille also doesn't exist because.. she just doesn't.