First Day

I walked down the hallway, trying to keep my head down. There were way too many kids here. Way more than my old school. I knocked on the door of the principal's office. "Ken. I'm glad you could make it." She said. "Nice to see you, Mrs. Smith. Is it always that crowded out there?" She laughed "I forget that you come from a small town. To answer your question, yes. That's the main hall. It's always like that, especially during class change. Your locker will be down by the gym though. You shouldn't have to worry about that too much." She opened a large drawer filled with what I assumed to be paper work and handed me a piece of paper. "Here's your schedule. Go by the gym and meet the coach. He has your locker key, he can help get you on any team you're interested in, and he'll show you around. After that, you can get to class and your teacher will help you get your classwork from the previous semester sorted out." I nodded and left for the gym.
     I walked in through the locker room, and there was a small office off to the side. A man who I assumed to be the coach was sitting at a desk inside. I knocked on the open door, trying not to intrude. "Um, hi. You're the coach right? I was supposed to meet you for my locker key and some paper work stuff I think." He looked up from his desk and gave me a warm smile "You're the new girl. What was it...?  Ken Grimes?" I smiled "That's me, yeah." He stood up and got my locker key from his desk drawer. "Here's your key. Oh, and you can call me Coach Negan. Most of the kids do." He walked up to me and gave me the key. He was about 6'2" and really, really strong... Nope. Had to stay focused. "Well, since you're here, are there any teams here you're interested in?" He asked. "This is going to sound weird but.. do you guys have a ping pong team?" He suddenly looked a little sad and he shook his head. "I wish. No one was interested so it was cut. You're the first person to ask about it in years." I was shocked. "Wow, that sucks. I love ping pong." He smiled, "Me too." I blushed. "C'mon," he said, "I'll show you around."
     We must've been walking around the school for at least an hour. We had so much fun, laughing and hanging out. "So.. Ken. Is that short for something?" I was reluctant to tell him but I did. "Kenleigh. I hate it though. Not my thing." I only realized how much I liked being around him when I had to go to class. "Gotcha. Well, this is your class. I should get back, I have some stuff to do." I gave him my best puppy dog eyes. "Aww, really?" He smirked, "Yes, really. Surprising that you meet me at my job and I have work to do, I know." We both laughed and he put his hand on my shoulder. "Look, come by my office during free period or something. I've got something you'll love." I blushed. "I'll see you then, coach." He looked into my eyes, "Call me Negan." He walked off after that and I was shaken to the core. I had chills going down my spine and I could tell my face was bright red. I took a second to think before walking into class and I was speechless even with my inner voice. Negan was everything. He was nice and funny and really smart. But he was way older. Of course, I was the type of person who liked that. I had never liked high school boys. They were too immature. I decided to put it off until later and just go to class.

A/N: First official chapter complete!! There will 100% be more updates. Stay strong #SaviorSquad .