You're A Fighter

I was hesitant to walk to Negan's office during free period. He did tell me I could, but it felt weird just connecting with him within a couple minutes of knowing him. And what was his "awesome surprise?" Only one way to find out. I knocked on his door, "Hey." I said, shyly. "Ken. Hey. I wasn't sure you'd show up." He smiled. His smile could light up an entire room. "You did offer. No take-backs now. You're stuck with me." We both laughed. His laugh was so cute. "C'mon. I wanna show  you something." He led me to a corner of the gym. It was a ping pong table. "Negan, this is so awesome." He grabbed one of the paddles and stood on the other side of the table. "I told you it would be. Bet you can't beat the champion." I smirked and got the other paddle. "Yeah. I bet you can't." He flexed and I almost lost it. I bit my lip and got distracted, he hit the ball right past me. "Jesus, Ken. You gotta keep up." He laughed his perfect laugh again. "Don't think I can't take you, old man." I served and we started hitting the ball back and forth. "Oh, you are on, little girl." I ended up beating him 10-8 before I had to go back to class. "Hey, come by tomorrow for lunch if you want to. I swear the cafeteria food here is toxic." I blushed. "Sounds like a plan." I walked back to class that day with the widest smile. He was so sweet.
The next day, I sat in class, barely able to focus. Partly because Lucas, my new best friend, was passing me notes and partly because math sucks. We had been passing notes all day. Lucas and I instantly clicked in this class . He stood tall at 5'11, wore glasses, and always had a fedora. His style was nice. He was a hipster-indie type guy. We played paper football while the teacher wasn't looking. It was nice. He flicked over a paper football with something written on the side:
     Saw you with Coach Negan yesterday. What's the deal with that?
I wrote back:
    It was nothing, Lucas. He's cool though. We played ping pong during free period.
He wrote:
   Think you can get me out of running laps at gym?
I flicked the thing back to him and laughed. Then Peyton came by and knocked it into the trash. She was such a bitch. Before I could say anything, the bell rang and class was dismissed. I grabbed my bag and looked at Lucas, "I'm gonna kick her ass one day." He grabbed his guitar case off the wall andnodded. "I would if it weren't for Logan." Logan was Peyton's jock boyfriend. He was quarterback on the football team and Peyton was the captain of the cheer squad. Lucas walked me to my locker and left for guitar class. Meanwhile I had free class that period. I really wanted to see Negan again, so I went to the gym.
Logan and Peyton were in the locker room, trying to do what I assumed to be making out. I walked past and Peyton stopped trying to suffocate her boyfriend and looked at me. "Hey, bitch, get the fuck out of my territory." I rolled my eyes and glared at her. "Calm down, Peyton. I don't want your boyfriend. I'm just trying to get through." Logan stepped back like he knew we were going to fight. He wasn't wrong. We started throwing insults back and forth, one thing led to another, and I started swinging. She got hit in the face, and then she hit me. Her ring cut across my lip and I started bleeding. That's when things got real. I gave her a black eye and that's around the time when Negan came through the door. He broke us up, and by that I mean he was pulling me back from her while she was against the wall. I didn't realize it was him until he grabbed my wrists and got me up against a door. "Ken! Chill out, okay? It's me. Breathe." Logan had bolted by now. Peyton started to leave and he let go of me and turned to her. "Don't even go anywhere, Peyton. You are not off the hook." I looked down and he turned back to me, "Hey, you okay?" He lifted up my chin to look at my face and saw the cuts on my face from her rings. "Jesus. Stay here," He looked at Peyton, and took me to the teachers' lounge.
"Negan, I'm fine." He had cleaned off the blood and got me an ice pack for my hand. "You have cuts all over your face, Ken. And Peyton has a black eye. You mind explaining yourself?" I looked down and sighed, "We were throwing around insults and I lost it. She's such a bitch.." He put water on a rag and started cleaning out my wounds. "Language. You know I'm gonna have to tell Mrs. Smith right? She might call your father." I winced in pain and he ran his thumb across my cheek. "Easy. I'm done." I stood up and looked at him. "If my dad finds out he'll kill me." He shook his head. "Your puppy dog eyes are too much, Ken. Listen, if you can get Peyton to let it go, I will too." I hugged him. "You're the best, Negan."
He ran his hand down my back and I got chills. "Hey, it's what I do." We walked back to the locker room and Peyton had left. "Damn. Well, kid, I guess you win by matter of forfeit." I started to worry. What if she had gone to tell the principal? "Negan.. what if she went to tell her?" He laughed, "Most likely gone to find her dipshit Prince Charming. C'mon. I think we have time for a rematch before you have to go back." He beat me 12-9. "Hey, by the way, do you know Lucas?" He laughed, "Lucas Montgomery? That kid who wears fedoras all the time? Yeah. Is the like your best friend or something?" I lit up. "Yeah. He asked me to ask you if you could stop making him run laps in class." He shook his head. "We'll see. As long as he can climb that rope by the end of the semester then screw it." I smiled. "You do the bare minimum and the maximum at the same time. How is that possible?" He laughed and walked me back to class.

A/N: Hope you guys are enjoying. If you've read the previous chapter, you probably noticed I changed the character from a reader thing to an OC. The writing comes more naturally to me that way, sorry if that threw anyone off track.