He's trying to keep something off his mind, he probably doesn't notice but he is, and Shoto wants to find out, not because his father told him to, he's also curious.

Shoto reaches out for his hand that was tapping against the table, holding it still.

"Izuku, you're a bit hyperactive today aren't you, did something good happen?" Izuku blinks, as if just noticing that he was doing that.

"Oh, I'll tell you later." He says. "Let's go somewhere after school."

"Sure."

"Oi the fuck is going on in there? Why are you getting so buddy buddy with half and half? You two fucking or something?" Bakugou asks from the other table, Izuku blinks.

"No? Atleast I don't think we are...?"

"Don't worry Bakugou, I'm saving him for the wedding."

"DON'T FUCK WITH ME-"

_______________________________

Izuku helped Todoroki to the clinic.

"I don't understand why he's so rowdy, I was just joking."

"Kacchan is not very good at jokes, also probably because you looked and sounded completely serious when you told him."

"Maybe I was."

"... that's not a very good joke Shoto." Shoto stopped walking.

"Who said I was joking?"

"... lets just get you to recovery girl." Izuku mumbles, pushing him forward.

"If I ever ask you out on a real date would you say yes?"

"We're cousins."

"If we weren't?"

"You're so weird, it depends if the food is good or not." He mutters, finally they reached the clinic.

"Hey Ms.Recovery girl? Shoto feels sick."

Was all he says before he excused himself, leaving Shoto to fend of for himself, serves him right for being a little weirdo.

He goes back to their classroom without a hitch, about ten minutes later Shoto comes back too, looking a bit better than earlier.

"Why are you so happy?" Izuku asks.

"She gave me a lollipop."

"Nice."

_________________________________

Shoto watched as Izuku downed his chocolate milkshake, they went to a cafe today instead of a restaurant or a buffet, Izuku insisting he wanted something sweet. About half of the red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting was devoured by him alone and Shoto ordered another one, just incase Izuku wanted more, it was in a box next to him, if Izuku can't eat it right now that's fine, the boy can eat it at home.

"So?" Shoto asks.

"A question before I start telling you about my tragic story ™, remember back in the sports festival? When you were talking bad stuff about my parents?"

"Yes?"

"You were right. Except for the fact that they didn't actually want me, you know. Stuff.