03 | Signed & Sealed

• • •

• • •

Every respectable article shown on the Internet that Blair had browsed through the morning before argued that from the moment you walk into any room, there is an invisible seven second clock above your head.

Those seven seconds, each movement of clock's hand more internally painful than the last, determined whether your first impression was positive, questionable or downright humiliating. Charm was never a problematic downfall of Blair's character but she was adapted to compelling the entire student body into loving her not a room overflowing with cufflinks, briefcases and a violent aroma of caffeine. Her walk down an incredibly narrow hallway felt that much more anticipating with the staff's strong gaze following her, probably making bets on whether or not she would walk out of the building hysterically. Little did they know, she already knew what she had to do to ensure that the ball remained in her court the entire time.

"Just through here, Blair." The secretary stopped walking, opening the door wide for Blair to walk in. "Good luck."

Blair responded with her signature smile, adjusting her outfit before giving one last look to the lady that had just directed her. "It's best you offer your luck to the ones that are after me, they'll need it more."

Once the door shut, the room had fallen silent with only occasional sighs and a few well-dressed men fixing their ties as they sat in the corner. Clara's office had solidified all thoughts that Blair had about her, she was awfully self-absorbed and infatuated with modern design, all things that could be used to her advantage.

"Blair, so good to see you." Clara leapt up from her velvet executive chair, exchanging air kisses with her before she even had the opportunity to take another step into the room. The enthusiasm that had just been displayed had offered Blair the chance to relax but her mind was still at works, uncertain if the reception was sincere or strange.

The men began scribbling away and whispering amongst themselves after throwing awkward waves in her direction, Clara shaking her head at them before returning to face Blair. "Just ignore my advisors, they'll be so mute you won't even know they're in the room!"

"If that's the case then let's just get straight to business." Blair nodded as she made her way to the chair on the other side of Clara's desk, crossing her right leg over the other before responding. "Why did you fly me out here?"

"Ah, you have questions." Clara clicked her fingers, the door then bursting open with a martini in the clutch of a frightened staff member.

"I just want to know what you plan on offering me," Blair shrugged comfortably leaning forward as the words left her mouth. "I do hope it's a lot more than hotel rooms and a car service."