Chapter 8

Vicci's/Your POV:

     I stood there in the bathroom, my glow fading to nonexistence. Whenever I'm near him something inside of me flares up unexpectedly and it's like I can't control myself. I was still soaking wet, too. I dried my face off and replaced my mask.

     "Ugh, I wish... I wish that I could control myself!" an odd ripple of what felt like cold jello washed over me. I felt every feeling I had before but I could now mentally force myself to be in control of my emotions. I could bring tears to my eyes, and just as quickly force them away. I could become virtually emotionless or make waves of emotion so intense I'd sob crash over me. "Excellent!" I said, feeling a spark of excitement ignite without my authority. Apparently, my emotions were like a domesticated but still wild animal, disorderly and unruly but restrainable. I headed to the nearest town, Denver. I'd have no problem acquiring some clothes there. I had to go no further than the country around the mansion before I stumbled upon a small farmhouse with clothes about my size fluttering on a clothesline outside. None of it was exactly my style, so I opted to look inside the house instead. Inside, I found clothes that suited me properly, black jeans and a simple hoodie. Whoever had made their home there had excellent fashion sense, because there were many copies of this outfit in the dresser. I heard a small noise downstairs and registered it as a near-silent footstep. Clearly this was someone trying to be stealthy, so I decided to give them a scare before killing them and taking their heart. I transformed myself into something like a mix between a nightmarish wolf and the Nemean Lion. A gigantic grey creature, made of smoke, with fangs at least the length of your middle finger, blood dripping from its snout, curlicues like the design of my mask on my face, and humanlike eyes(It was incredible that I had eyes when transformed, it was a completely unique feeling). I padded towards the stairs as this terrifying beast. I immediately recognised the gait of the quickly approaching figure. It was my boyfriend, clearly trying to get me some clothes. All he had to do was turn towards the stairs and take one look at me and he turned tail and ran, not a sound escaping from his throat due to the pure terror. I tried to change back, but I was stuck.

     "Help..." at least I could still speak. He paused, turning back to me.

     "Vicci?" he asked uncertainly. I simply nodded. "You scared me! Change back this instant! Or... is that why you asked for help? Can you change back?" I shook my head. "We have to get you back to the mansion. Come-" I teleported us before he could finish his sentence. "On."

     "My daughter! What," Slenderman, my father, said angrily, "HAPPENED??!!" I made a snarling sound, since I was losing my human voice by the second. I telekinetically wrote that I had wanted a good laugh by scaring someone but found myself unable to revert back to my original form. My father rolled his eyes."Clearly, she is blinded and bound by her love. Unfortunately there is no cure."

     "It's a bad thing that you can't make her stop loving me?" Jack asked, sounding rather hurt by this.

     "Yes. She is in danger of never being in control of herself again. You either. The more your bond grows the less you'll be able to control yourselves. The only way to remedy this is to mate, which is why I'm now giving you permission." Jack opened his mouth, probably to celebrate, but I stepped in, using the last of my human voice.

     "No. Abstinence." my father made an annoyed sound. "Change me back." he did, and I was back in my original form, save for one thing: clothes. Fortuitously, there was a blanket near that I instantaneously pulled over myself.

     "You can't still be on that! The abstinence prompt from me was to prevent early mating!"

     "I will not have sex until I'm married and that's FINAL, father." I concentrated and teleported the clothes I'd found onto my body(I'm talented like that), then I stood. Jack made a weird squealing sound and covered the mesh eyeholes on his mask with his hands. "I'm decent, you idiot."

     "Oh." he said sheepishly and we walked out.