Chapter 3

Vicci's/Your POV:

I stayed out hunting until at least 3 am, hoping not to actually have to sleep in the same bed as EJ. Well, when I got back to my... well, technically his, room he was literally waiting for me to arrive. Like, he was sitting on the bed looking back and forth between the door and window as though he wasn't sure which I would come through. I went through neither, instead teleporting directly behind him. I can't say that I wasn't satisfied to see him jump.

     "O-oh hey Vicci. I was just... well, I guess I was waiting." he said, before clarifying. "For you." having no eyes or eyelids prevented me from blinking, and with my mask on even if I had he wouldn't have seen.

     "O-o-o-ka-a-ay, why?" I asked, deliberately drawing out my vowels. He nervously reached up to adjust his mask and subconsciously I did the same.

     "Uhm I don't know. I wanted you to get to choose which side of the bed you wanted...?" he asked it like a question.

     "Left." I replied instantaneously. He kind of nodded before turning off the light and lowering a blackout curtain over the window. They were most likely magic of some sort, as no curtain could possibly darken a room to the colour of squid ink at midnight. I could see perfectly, quite similarly to feline night vision but with greater clarity. I removed my mask and turned my body away from him, ready to get about two hours of sleep.

Jack's POV

It was about half an hour before I started drifting off, but before I could actually sleep I felt Vicci start thrashing. She thrashed for about five seconds before she curled into a ball and froze. I wanted nothing more than to turn on the light and scan her face to see what was the matter, but she'd probably cut off my head and mail it to Slenderman. Also she'd see my demonically hideous face. Seeing that I was inhuman, you'd think that I'd be able to see in the dark, but NO(insert sarcasm). Obviously she was having some sort of nightmare, and I was at a complete loss of what to do. I actually started shaking her, desperately trying to wake her up.

     "Vicci... Vicci! Eyeless Vicci! VICCI WAKE UP!!!!!" I was yelling at this point.

Vicci's/Your POV:

The voices whispered in my mind, begging me to give in. 'Give up Vicci,' they seemed to say, 'You know insanity will reach you anyway.' I've fought long and hard with these voices. They've been in my mind as long as I can remember, and I've been fighting only a little while shorter than that. I was regarded as insane until I was two because I had no control over them. Well as it turns out ignoring them was a bad idea, because they started yelling instead of whispering. 

     "Vicci... Vicci! Eyeless Vicci! VICCI WAKE UP!!!!!" that didn't sound anything like my voices... EJ? I woke, sitting straight up and rolled off the bed, desperately avoiding the urge to see his face. 

     "Nightmare." I gasped out. 

     "Hey," he said softly, extending his arms, "come here. You probably need a hug." I gratefully crawled into his embrace, pressing my face against his chest. I think I feel asleep like that, because I have no recollection of anything after, except for one whispered word... "Goodnight."