Chp 6 - Coffee is Gross, (Don't) Change My Mind

Start from the beginning

Elliot looked around quickly, hoping to find a lid for the cup. The lid slot was empty, dusty even, clearly unused for who knows how long. Elliot picked up the cup, heat instantly hitting his cold hand. Elliot shuffled down the halls, watching the coffee in his hand to make sure it didn't spill or burn him. The trip was slow, Elliot's neck uncomfortable from looking down the entire time. Who knows what could have happened to Yui in the time he was gone. 

Yui watched as Elliot walked away from herself and Kanato, her stomach sunk as he turned the corner. She had wanted to go, escape from Kanato's cold glares and mood swings. Yui jumped as a cold arm wrapped itself around her waist. Kanato pushed her to the wall, ignoring the way the female shook in his arms.

"I'm thirsty" Kanato licked his lips. Yui squeezed her eyes shut.

"U-um Elliot will be back soon". Kanato's eyes filled with anger again.

"I don't want whatever he brings me! I want blood!" Kanato violently pulled down Yui's shirt collar, He readied himself and Yui braced for the pain she was bound to experience.

Elliot turned the last corner, looking up from the coffee in his hands. In front of him he found his sister pushed up against the wall, her eyes glazed over from the sudden loss of blood she was experiencing. Elliot moved swiftly, ripping Kanato from Yui with slight anger. Yui's knee's hit the ground as Kanato stumbled around before hitting the opposite wall from the siblings. Elliot looked down at his sister for a second, examining the damage, before turning to look at Kanato. Kanato looked at the half-breed with anger, fuming inside as Elliot returned his gaze.

"How dare you ruin my drink!" Kanato's voice dripped with anger and venom. He shuffled, ready to rip out the younger Komori's throat.

Elliot thrust the coffee out in front of him, letting a firm 'Coffee' slip from his mouth.

Kanato started to shake with anger, Teddy squeezed against his chest. He swung his arm out, backhanding the coffee out of Elliot's grip. Time seemed to stop, hot coffee flew in the air threatening a burn should it touch one's skin. Elliot watched as the coffee cup hit the ground, followed by the splatter of the liquid it once held.

"I hate bitter things! I prefer things that are sweet! can't you see that!?" Kanato's voice snapped Elliot out of his brief trance.

"You didn't specify. It was the cheapest" Elliot blinked slowly, an almost bored expression on his face. He wasn't bored though, He was shaking inside. This is one dangerous vampire and this could end poorly for both of the Komori's. Kanato growled, his voice dropping slightly.

"The cheapest!? you're worthless you have no right!". The hall was silent, except for the rough breathing being forced through Kanato's clenched jaw. "Why aren't you apologising!?" Kanato lunged at Elliot, swiping at his throat as though he was a cat. He laughed as he stopped, turning around and looking with manic eyes for the mess of blood he just created.

"I didn't realise I was supposed to apologise" Kanato's eyes flickered to Elliot's unscathed neck, he had a dodged vampire.

"How?" Kanato's anger was replaced with confusion, how did this mere human dodge him? and remain so calm and collected? Kanato fumbled for words for a second before standing straight and fixing his uniform.

"I am no longer interested in this conversation". Kanato slowly began walking to the exit, stopping in front of the door and looked back at Elliot who was now trying to hoist Yui onto his back.

"Tell me.." Kanato spoke softly, pleading he wouldn't be heard but to no avail, Elliot pulled Yui onto his back and looked up at the purple-haired vampire. "Do you hate me?" Kanato's face held a solemn look as he glanced at Yui. "Well, do you? Do you not want to learn more about me?" Kanato grimaced, he disproved of the small ache in his chest. Surely he wasn't feeling guilty?

"I don't hate you" the ache disappeared, a slight tingle replacing it. "I don't know about learning more but I'd like to understand you better" Yui grumbled as Elliot spoke, she was clearly exhausted. Kanato nodded softly, a very soft smile on his face. He opened the door, about to step out before Elliot called out to him.

"Kanato, have you seen Yui's bag?" Kanato nodded, disappearing from Elliot's sight in an instant. "Kanato?.." Elliot stood there confused, did the purple head not just say yes? clearly Elliot was not going to get the answer to the question so he started to make his way to the door with Yui on his back. Before he could take a second step the purple-haired vampire reappeared, holding not one but two bags.

"I hid Yui's on the roof... and you left yours in the classroom" Kanato wedged the bags between Yui and Elliot, hoping the bags would stay there for the time being. Elliot nodded as a thank you and in a flash, Kanato was gone again.

~

1583 Words