Chp 4- One Foot Apart 'Cause They're Definitely Gay

"Stay on your toes" He warned before walking away.

Elliot sighed as he listened to Ayato's angry thuds echo through the halls, how on earth he managed to get away with that? he will not know. Elliot returned to class, dodging Laito for the rest of the night before meeting up with the brothers and finally going home.

~

The dining room was almost in silence, the only sound was the clatter of plates and silverware. On one side of the table sat Yui, Ayato, Laito and Kanato sitting opposite them were Shuu, Elliot, Subaru and Reiji. Elliot barely touched his food, he poked it a few times and took a few bites every now and then. While Yui made no effort to even pick up a fork.

"You haven't eaten very much, Bitch-Chan~" Laito leaned over Yui's shoulder, startling her "you need to eat properly or you could become anaemic, would you like me to feed you?~". Elliot's gaze flickered from his plate to his sister and Laito, he sighed and returned his focus to the plate in front of him.

"What about you Elliot?~" A pair of cold hands touched Elliot's shoulders before sliding down his chest. Laito rested his chin on Elliot's shoulder. "You have to eat to keep your iron high~" the hair on Elliot's neck stood as Laito sang in his ear, it tickled.

"Missing a meal never killed anyone" Elliot grumbled, pushing a cold potato around his plate. 'I don't think I've ever had such bland potatoes before..'.

"Laito return to your seat" Reiji spoke out before Laito had a chance to do anything else and with a sigh, Laito obliged.

As Laito sat, Shuu stood.

"Shuu?" Yui's mouse-like voice called out to him.

"This is a pain" he replied before walking out of the room.

"That deadbeat, nothing good can come of anyone who grows up spoiled rotten" Reiji adjusted his glasses, eyes closed in irritation.

A dark chuckle ran throughout the room catching Elliot's attention, He looked up and moved his attention to the purple-haired Sakamaki at the opposite end of the table from him.

"Teddy, what would you like to eat next?" Kanato inspected the plates in front of him before picking up a fork "let's have a banana snowball". A cruel smile spread across Kanato's face before he plunged his fork into the plate of sweets in front of him repeatedly as he let a spine chilling laugh ring out.

Silence ran throughout the dining hall again when the laughter died down.

"He won't even make an effort to attend our monthly dinner party", Elliot closed his eyes and sighed as Reiji spoke again, clearly talking about Shuu. Elliot cleared his throat before letting words grace his lips again.

"He clearly made an effort to attend today. He might have not stayed until the end but he was here". Elliot opened his eyes, looking around the table. Everyone had different reactions but he wasn't too sure what reactions they were exactly.

"If you're not going to eat then you can leave as well" Reiji huffed, he wasn't unhappy with Elliot's answer but he wasn't necessarily happy about it either.

Without another word, Elliot stood and walked out of the room. A few pairs of eyes trailed him as he disappeared from sight.

Yui stood up quickly. Her chair fell to the ground as she ran after Elliot. Elliot did just say that even the smallest effort counts, right?

Reiji adjusted his glasses, clearly irritated by the sudden commotion.

"That will be all for today...", the last of the brothers disappeared and went their separate ways for the night.