Chp 6 - Coffee is Gross, (Don't) Change My Mind

Shuu smiled softly and placed a hand on Elliot's head, running his fingers through his hair. He began to wonder what the smaller male would like with his natural hair colour.

The two soon drifted off to sleep, leaving the water to cool around them.

~

The intense and sudden sound of the school bell pulled Elliot from his nap. He jumped slightly, just enough to hit his knees on the underside of the desk he sat at. His classmates giggled and he chuckled with a slight blush as he apologised to the people around him. Elliot packed up his bag slowly, his classmates crowding around and asking if he wanted to go do something.

"I don't think there are any stores appropriate for minors open at this hour-" Elliot lazily yawns, hiding his mouth behind his hand. "Plus, I'm really very tired. Maybe another time?" Students nod with agreement and grumble as they leave, revealing a nervous-looking Yui where they once stood.

Yui moved quickly, taking her younger brother's wrist in her hand and dragging him along with her. She marched down the school halls, pulling Elliot every which way. One turn after the other, the numbers of students around slowly dropped. At first, Elliot thought his sister was dragging him to an unused part of the school and at first glance, it would have appeared to be that way. Elliot glanced upwards, his eyes catching on the class signs.

"Are we.. going in circles?" Elliot questioned. Yui stopped in front of a classroom, her eyes briefly locking onto the desk that Elliot had sat at only minutes ago. Yui turned to look at Elliot with a firm grip around his wrist. 

"We need to find a phone". Yui dragged Elliot around again, only this time they were actually going down different halls.

Yui spotted a large dial phone by one of the exits as she turned a corner. Her face brightened and she jogged to the phone, letting go of Elliot's wrist as she placed her school bag on the table next to the phone.

"Found one!". She quickly punched in a number and held up the receiver to her ear, hoping for the sound of ringing to come through.

"Yui-" Yui looked up at her younger brother, dropping the receiver and cutting Elliot off as she noticed one of the Sakamaki brothers standing behind her own brother.

"K-Kanato, you're still here" Yui's voice trembled with shock and more than anything, disappointment. She had been caught trying to escape again.

Kanato stepped out from Elliot and moved to the front of the exit.

"Yui don't you understand why I'm here? I'm thirsty...". Kanato slowly moved closer to Yui, stopping briefly to look down at Teddy. "So is Teddy. What do you think of Yui being so callous?" Yui shuffled uncomfortably as she apologised.

"I'll go buy you something to drink". Yui bent down a little, enough that she was eye to eye with Teddy. "I'm sorry Teddy". Kanato's face reddened with anger and he frowned.

"Would you please not address my Teddy as though you know him? I am the only advisor he needs!" he glared at Yui before calming down and talking to Teddy. "Isn't that right Teddy?". Yui stumbled backwards into Elliot, who then put two steady hands on her shoulders.

"O-oh, I didn't know. Anyway, I'll be right back" Yui forced the words out. Elliot still had a firm grip on Yui's shoulders as she tried to turn around causing her to instead stumble as only half her body moved as she wanted.  Elliot looked down at his pink-haired sister, squeezing her shoulders lightly.

"I'll go". Elliot let go of Yui, he turned and walked away slowly. A gentle pitter-patter echoing behind him. Elliot walked around, unsure of where to find a place to get a drink of any kind. He turned a corner, a hot drink machine standing in his path. Elliot nodded to himself, looking through the choices from the machine and choosing the cheapest. He pressed a couple of buttons and put a few coins into the machine before placing a paper cup under where the drink is meant to come out. The machine spewed piping hot water in the cup, filling it two-thirds of the way, before spitting out bitter and equally hot coffee into the cup.