Chp 8- Stepping Stones

WARNINGS: Mention of NSFW

Elliot sniffled and quickly wiped his tears with his sleeves in an attempt to fix himself up. He looked up again as Laito sighed and reached out for Elliot's arm, he gently hoisted the younger male up to his feet and awkwardly wrapped his arms around Elliot's shoulders. Elliot stood in shock for a moment and although the comfort was cold, stiff, and unfamiliar; he welcomed it with a soft smile and let himself wrap his arms around Laito's waist.

~

Elliot's window framed the sky as it was painted orange and pink. Elliot had been peacefully watching the sunset for the past hour from the comfort of his bed. Although he couldn't remember how he found his way to bed last night, let alone home. He could remember finding his way to the church, crying on the floor for a bit, but the rest of the night was foggy.

Elliot rolled over and groaned into his pillow as the bright colours outside started fading. Those annoyingly difficult brothers were going to be awake soon, and Elliot already had a headache.

A soft knock on the door captured Elliot's attention. He groaned again. Besides the usual culprits, the other person he didn't want to see today was Yui. Especially after that weird phone call with their adoptive father. Yet, here she was. In the doorway twiddling her fingers shyly.

"Elliot, would you like to join me for a short walk?" Yui's voice gently called out. She couldn't tell if Elliot was awake yet or not. "Ell-" Yui jumped when Elliot abruptly sat up. He looked miserable, pale and completely exhausted.

"I'll be there in a minute" Eliot rubbed his eyes. As much as he didn't want to see Yui, a walk was the perfect excuse to avoid the vampires for a little bit. "Just give me a moment to shower" Elliot cut Yui off before she could say anything about him staying in and resting instead.

Yui stepped further inside Elliot's room and closed the door. She made her way to the armchair and sat down as Elliot dragged himself out of bed. Elliot avoided eye contact as he picked up clothes from his dresser and headed for the bathroom. Yui looked around his room, intrigued by how their rooms were styled differently. Their rooms back home in the church were bland and almost identical.

Elliot stepped out of the bathroom, refreshed, dressed, and still slightly wet. He gave Yui a side glance as he walked toward the bedroom door. He had rushed in the bathroom, knowing Yui would have been building the courage to go snooping and even though he had nothing to hide, he still didn't want to give her a chance.

"Well...?" Elliot turned to look at Yui as he opened the door.

"Oh, sorry!" Yui seemed to snap out of whatever trance she was in and practically jumped off her chair before speed walking out the door that Elliot was holding open.

The two siblings made their way down the halls of the mansion, Elliot occasionally yawning and stretching. The short journey was oddly quiet, not a single vampire in sight. That's what Elliot would have liked to say. The siblings turned the last corner, and Laito stood there leaning on the door.

"Where are you going, Little Lamb?" Laito waltzed right past Yui and bee-lined for Elliot. "You were no fun last night, passing out mid-way. Don't you think you should make up for it?" Laito licked his lips and smiled as he grabbed Elliot's chin, forcing the shorter boy to meet his eyes. Laito's smile dropped as he looked at Elliot's confused face.

"What? Little Lamb?" Elliot looked at Laito like he was crazy as he repeated what the vampire had called him. Was Laito somewhere in that gap of missing memory?

"Wait... Don't tell me you've forgotten?" Laito's lips curled into a wicked smile, and he chuckled lightly. "You don't remember me finding you at the church? Or our little play session afterwards?" Laito wrapped an arm around Elliot's waist, pulling him closer and purring into his ear.