The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 18}

LO aka pinkdots21 © 2010

All Rights Reserved.

-

Comment, vote and fan! :) Haha, I was meant to upload this chapter yesterday but I thought of uploading this today/tonight since it's my birthday and I have a really big surprise for all of you!

I dedicate this chapter to my awesomest best friend, Zerin23! Congrats on getting on the 2nd page of the What's Hot list! Hopefully, next time it's top 10 :) x

Enough of my bickering! :D

-

Chapter 18:

After much bickering, day had turned into night. The more I thought about it, I noticed that Maggie would beam with happiness whenever she was around Robbie. That reminds me, it's Robbie birthday tomorrow. I'm a day older than him. I wonder what I should get him...

Now, I'm doubting Maggie likes Darren. Ergh, what's gonna happen when she finds out Robbie's gay! Calm down, Frankie. "Breathe, breathe, breathe; wait, I'm forgetting how to breathe." I gasped. "Wait, I got it.." I sighed in relief and on my bed.

My phone started ringing like crazy and I decided to ignore it but it just ringing and ringing. This person must really want something from me. I stretched my arm out and grabbed my phone from my study table and picked up.

"Hello?" I answered, I didn't even bother checking who was calling.

"Hey, Frankie. It's me." Shane's familiar voice rung in my ears.

"Hello me" I replied sarcastically. "You idiot, it's Shane" he replied harshly. "Gee, I was being sarcastic." I said. "I know. Look out outside your window" he instructed. I got up from my bed and checked my window. Standing in my driveway was Shane talking into his mobile phone.

"What are you doing out there?" I asked. "Your birthday present, remember I said, I'd give it to you."

"What, your my birthday present?" I asked mockingly. "Something like that. Come down, I'm gonna take you somewhere." After saying that, he cut the call and signalled me to come down. Hesitantly, I grabbed my jacket and wallet from my bed and headed downstairs. I checked Darren's room and his was gone. He room was exactly the way, it was when we left this morning to go bowling.

I peered into Robbie's room and he was gone too. Where is everyone? Everyone's magically disappeared. I glanced upon the clock, it was only 6.30pm and the sun hadn't even set yet.

I walked into the driveway where Shane was. He had his car parked infront of our house. His back was facing the other way so I lightly tapped him on the back. "Hello! Anyone in there?" I knocked on his head.

"Hey" he breathed. "What's going on, why you taking me?" I asked. "Get in" he said, getting into the driver's seat. Hesitantly, I got into the passenger seat and slumped back into the chair. Where is he taking me? After a short drive, we arrived at the beach.

The waves crashed lightly onto the sandy shore and the salty smell was evident in the cool afternoon breeze. As I breathed in, I could also smell the scent to fairyfloss, toffee apples and hotdogs. The screams and laughter of children came from the large carnival tent. The bright lights and colourful costume made it obvious I was at a fair. Excitement was filling from head to toe. "Why'd you take me here?" I grinned as I turned to Shane. I've always wanted to go to one of these but I never went.

"Remember when we were younger, Jenna had that wish book. We wrote down our wishes. Darren wanted a pet dinosaur but we all knew that wasn't gonna happen." he chuckled. "Wait, that means.. YOU read my wish!" I exclaimed "Jenna told me she wasn't gonna show anyone my wish." I pouted. Because I was scared that people would think of it as a stupid wish.