The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 12}

LO aka pinkdots21 © 2010

All Rights Reserved.

(A/N: For me, this was the most funnest[?] <-- is that a word? ROFLMAO.. anyways. It was really fun to write this chapter. I could help but laugh at the computer screen as I was typing this up. My mum would pass by my room and give me the 'why are you laughing by yourself' look. Oh what awkward situations these two people get caught into ^.^ Sorry, if I haven't upload for soo long. It's almost been a month maybe more. Also, sorry if the chapters shorter compared to the other ones. This chapter is more like a funny filler. You may read now. LOL)

Chapter Twelve:

"What's going on...?" I could hear the amusement in Jenna's voice. Immediately Shane arms dropped from both sides of me. "Nothing" Shane and I said in unison, "I'm just messing with Frankie" Shane winked at me. I turned to Mike who was totally confused and Jenna who was about jump because of excitement. "Hmm, oh okay" Jenna smirked. She turned to Mike and said "Come on honey, let's leave these two alone." She grabbed his hand and dragged Mike out of the kitchen.

Mike gave him the 'what's the heck is going on' look and I just bit my lip and scrunched my face in reply. The kitchen door closed with a loud bang. I turned on my toes to face Shane who was grinning from ear to ear. "What the hell was that?!" I yelled, whacking the back of his head with the back of my hand. "What?" he grimaced and rubbed the back of his head.

"You idiot, you tried to fricking kiss me" I growled. "Yeah, so" he scoffed. "Pfft.. yeah so" I said in a low man voice trying to mimic him. "You know you wanted to" he said, moving his face closer like before.

"Did not" I defended.

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did not"

"Deep down inside. Deep down. You wanted too" he laughed, pointing at me. "No way" I said defensively. "You so wanted to" he taunted. "Whatever" I shrugged. "Whatever" he said in a high pitchy voice. "I do not sound like that" I yelled.

"I never said you did" he said. I hate it when he does that. I feel so stupid now. I mentally whacked my forehead with a big hammer. Imaginary hammer or else that would hurt. Alot.

-

I really hate Shane I just went to the kitchen to get something and he's snooping around my stuff. When I got back from the bathroom, I caught him reading my diary. Ergh, he really makes my blood boil.

"Shane, gimme me diary back!" I yelled, stomping across the room in attempt to retrieve my diary back.

"Wait, this is getting interesting. You writing is really messy, I can't even read this" he teased, lifting the book higher still reading. "Give it back you idiot" I growled. "No, wait. There's something about me in this" he pouted.

"That's it" I frowned. I started punching Shane in the stomach with my fists. "Ouch, Frankie. Stop" he chuckled. "No unless you give me my diary back" I said through my teeth. Well, that didn't work cos he continued reading on.

"You think I'm a 'sexy jerk'" he teased again, air quoting the words 'sexy jerk'. I could feel my face turning red not from anger but embarrassment. "I take back the sexy part but you are a jerk. A pig faced jerk" I chuckled. "Naw, that hurts my feelings" he laughed. "Give it" I growled once again.

"You sure write a lot about me in this book" he teased. I reached for the book in his hand but since I was so much shorter than him, I failed to do so. So I kicked him the shin and automatically he bent down to rub his leg, I quickly grabbed the book and fell onto the bed. Before I knew it, Shane was hovering over on top of me on the bed. Once again, we were in an awkward position. I could feel his cool breath against my face. His strong arms were leaning against the bed just where my head was resting.

"Shane, get off" I said, annoyed. "What if I like it this way?" he raised his eyebrows. "Stop being so perverted" I said sarcastically. I started squirming underneath him in an attempt to free myself before it was too late. My bedroom door swung open with a loud thud.

'Uh oh' I thought to myself, it's too late. I'm busted.

My mom and Shane's mom were standing in the middle of the doorway following Jenna right behind them. This time, Shane finally jumped off me and stood up straight. "You two, kitchen. Now" Mom growled the last bit. Mom led the way with Shane's mom right behind here. Jenna lingered around the door for awhile until Shane left the room. I stood up from the bed and straightened my shirt. Thank to a certain person, who knows what kind of conversation we'll have.

I walked into the kitchen where Mom and Shane's mom were sitting on the kitchen bench. Jenna was leaning on the table next to my mom. I could see a glimmer of humor in her deep green eyes. Shane was sitting opposite the moms when called me over to take a seat infront of them. I could see Jenna trying to hide a smile.

I walked over and took a seat and carefully lifted my eyes. I could hear the mom whispering things, I could only hear some sentences. "I knew something like this would happen."

"That's why we came prepared."

Prepared? Prepared for what? I knew from that moment on, I had to brace myself for what was to come. Who knows what goes through our mothers' head...

When my mother's mouth opened, she couldn't produce a word so she pulled out a brown paper bag. She signaled me to get up and inspect the paper bag. I slowly got up from the kitchen stool and searched the bag. I pulled out a white bottle and caught a glimpse of two words that scared the living daylights out of me. 'Birth Control'

Immediately, I dropped the bottle onto the counter in shock. "Mom! What the heck is this?!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"We just need you to be safe" Mom reasoned.

"We care about you so we don't want you ending up with the consequences." Aunt Rosie said.

This time Shane spoke up. "Mom, what are you thinking?!" he said, holding up the bag.

"Like what our mothers said, we want you two to be safe" Jenna shrugged casually. My eyes must of popped out of my eye sockets when I kept hearing them say the word 'safe'. "Mom, you do not need to worry. I won't be doing anything with him (!)" I scoffed, pointing at Shane.

"Yeah, Mrs Payne. I won't be doing anything with her" Shane copied me and pointed back at me. I rolled my eyes at how immature he can be at a situation like this. "I have other girls who'll be willing, no matter the consequence" he whispered to me. I cannot believe this guy! He's so full of himself.

"You may say that now but who know what surprise we'll have in nine months" Jenna joked. My eyes quickly diverted to Jenna's direction. She's ganging up on us with our mothers. Argh!

"At your age, I know, teenagers have certain urges to try new things and.." Mom explained.

"Well, if it's certain urges we're talking about. I might as well start taking drugs or even start smoking" I smirked.

"And certain urges have certain consequences" Aunt Rosie continued on from mom. These two must be like long lost twins or something because they know exactly when to finish each other's sentences.

"Frankie, just take it in case!" Jenna growled and threw the bag at me.

"We just want you to be safe."

There goes that word again. Again and again.

Safe.

-

Comment, fan & vote. Thank you for all the support :)