The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 16}

LO aka pinkdots21 © 2010

All Rights Reserved.

Chapter 16:

"Where have you been?" Jenna demanded an answer, as she pulled me into a warm hug.

"I just went out for a walk. I didn't get kidnapped or anything." I replied sarcastically.

"Frankie! How could you run off in the middle of the lesson?!" Jenna exclaimed, still holding me in a hug.

I saw Shane walk out with a smirk playing on his lips. "Jenna, I think you should let go if you still want a maid of honour" Shane scoffed. I rolled my eyes as I was released from Jenna's grip. We all went back inside to find that most of the people who came already left; and Kat and Robbie were packing up the sound system. Maggie went off to help them with the all the loose chords.

"Where have you been?" Mom asked. Her eyes left my face and descended down to my feet. I peered down the damage my running caused the shoes. Uh oh..

"What happen to the shoes?" Mom asked impatiently.

"Umm, I went for a jog?" I said nervously, lifting my shoulders.

Mom just shook her head in disappoint and went on about how shoes should be taken care of and how shoes should be blah, this and that. I couldn't be bothered listening to my mother nag about shoes. "I'm going home" I mumbled and walked off in the middle of her rant.

"Oi, Darren take Maggie home" I called out. "WHAT?!" he exclaimed. "I'm giving you that chance you've been waiting for, go get her tiger.." I chuckled evilly, poking my tongue out. Darren just mumbled a response and shook his head in embarrassment and I handed him my keys.

By 10 o'clock, everyone was home except for the parents and Jenna. I don't know why Shane had to come in my car coz he had brought his own car. He even had to hassle Mike to drive his car home. I climbed the stairs and headed into my room, I kicked off my muddy heels and thought that I probably should have been more careful with them. Oppsies daises.

I stripped off my clothes and took a quick shower and changed into my pyjamas. I glanced at the clock and realised that it was ten thirty. I walked over to my study desk and picked my bag and searched for my phone. I had four missed calls. Two from Jenna, one from Maggie and one private number. I wonder who the private number was. I placed my phone on my bedside table and switched the lamp off. My room was filled with darkness and silence until my phone started vibrating like crazy.

I checked my phone and the private number kept flashing before I could answer, the call was cut short. I put my phone back onto my bedside table when I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I wonder who it is. I got out of my warm bed and when I went to check who it was. I opened the door to find Darren and Shane standing in the middle of the hallway.

"Oi, here's your keys" Darren said, clearly looking irriated; throwing me my keys back.

"Was it that bad?" I asked.

"Worse." was his answer. I bit my lip so I could hold in my laugh. Darren's face was priceless.

"Well, what are you doing here?" I nodded my head in Shane's direction.

"Oh, yeah. You left your wallet at the studio" he said, handing me my wallet. "Thanks."

-

Next morning, I woke up with a really, really big head. I quickly got and rushed into the bathroom then I realised it was a Saturday. I guess, my brain is working really well these past couple of days. I heard a loud thud on my door and I quickly stood up from my slouching position and opened the door. I found Jenna in the hallway all dressed up in casual clothes.