Chapter 14 : Dealing with oneself 101

Start from the beginning

"Isn't this an abnormally low temperature for a little human?" he asked and Jay put a hand on my forehead then jumped.

"You're right. She's got hypothermia!" he frowned while putting his hands everywhere on my face to check. I felt my eardrums sink into my skull at the volume of his voice. I shivered in my place and Alexander took out his phone.

Hypothermia! That would explain the nausea, muscle fatigue, sensitive hearing and brain fog. I felt like I was nearing a coma. My breathing was so slow.

"get the electricity running" Alexander ordered before turning his phone flashlight on and aiming it towards me. I felt my pupils burn from the blinding light and I squinted while lowering my head.

God, please turn that off!

"Right away!" The man standing at the door finally spoke then bowed before leaving quickly.

"Look at you!" Alexander's voice got so low, it almost sounded like whispers. He looked like he was ready to cry from pity, "You all banged up and bleeding.." he took my arm and tried to drag me out of my corner but I flinched and backed off.

Please don't move me, I'll throw up right here. I was comfortable sitting very very still where I was.

I repeat; Do not move me!

"was someone chasing you?" Jay asked looking at my muddy clothes.

Rather I was the one doing the chasing..

I slowly put a hand over my eyes to cover them from the light.

For the love of god, stop aiming that thing at me. Please!

Alexander noticed immediately then directed the light away from me before grabbing my jacket to look at it confused.

"She's got hypothermia even though she's wearing pants and a thick winter jacket?" Alexander asked puzzled and Jay narrowed his eyes at me.

"Females skin is thinner than males overall, and especially a teenage human, still, it's not that cold out..." he bemoaned, then crouched next to Alexander before touching my humid jacket then raised his eyebrows in surprise, "wait, she's wet?" he asked then looked me up and down, "did you fall in the lake?" he suddenly realized and I swallowed.

Yes, I very much did.

"Oh, that explains it" he got up, "Immersion in cold water causes quicker heat loss..." he looked at my sad, shivering ass on the ground, "She definitely fell in the lake.." he confirmed to Alexander and I flinched, "hey, we need to do something fast!" he suddenly panicked.

No, don't panic! If you panic, I'll panic! It's not a big deal! I'm fine! The water dried off my skin practically. It's just my clothes that were damp now.

"Water did this to her?" Alexander seemed like he wasn't biting what Jay was saying. I don't know if I was seeing things but it looked like his heart was breaking in half, his hand traveled up and down my arm, "You're bleeding!" He grabbed my elbow then pushed the hair out of my face to look at my cut forehead. He looked like he had no idea what to do with me. Like someone just presented him with a wooden robot that got snapped in half and he saw no way of fixing it. He sounded like my blood was the most terrifying thing he'd ever seen. He took of his jacket and put it on me quickly.

It felt nice. It was warm. The inside was satin and it smelled like men cologne. His phone dropped on the ground and the light from the flashlight flew everywhere for a second, making me realize something.