²

Y/n's POV

[Flashback]

[Entry #1]
November 12th.
Age:11
Since Trent came into my moms life things haven't been the same.
The girl I once knew as loving, caring, happy, cheerful, grateful,
Is now dull, unhappy, stressed, anxious, depressed, scared
It's definitely scary for both of us...
I hope we'll be ok.
I want my mom to be happy again. I don't want her to give up on happiness. When my father left me, along with her, she didn't give up on me. I don't want to give up on her.
And I won't give up on my mom. She didn't give up on me.

_______________

Entry #2
January 9th
Age: 11

I thought of abandoning this entry book. But it's my hope, for help, for a stress reliever. I'm not sure anymore.
My soul is hopeless.
My days are gray.
I'm not sure if I can take it anymore. My mom is in pain. In an unhealthy relationship.
The cops were here yesterday. The neighbors complained on the noise, the yelling. The screaming.
My mom "fell"
I'm starting to think this is my new life. I don't want it.
_________________

[Present]

I sighed, stepping into school. I guess I was an average high school student. An average amount of friends, average grades, an average discipline record, actually, no discipline record. Heh, I was a good kid, I guess. I had math first period, so I thought I would just rush there quickly.

I sighed in relief once I sat at my desk. I forgot to mention, but I missed the bus this morning. It was whatever though, the school wasn't that far. And what Trent told me this morning.... I just wanted to get away from there as fast as possible. My mind was clouded with thoughts. The thoughts made my brain rage, like a thunderstorm.

'You're so much more beautiful than your mother'
What?! I'm fifteen! Your, like, fourth-one! You can't say that, my mom is your girlfriend of four and a half years! That's disrespectful. What ever makes you think I'd ever like an abusive douchebag, low life, drunk, sorry excuse of a boyfriend- hell, a sorry excuse of a MAN like you?!

'More curvy, too'
I felt an awful shiver of discuss go down my spine when I thought of that one.
He's sick. A sick pedophile. How can you flirt with your girlfriends underage daughter, knowing she's in the other room. He's a sick, disgusting, awful man.

'Has anyone told you how beautiful you are?'
No. And I honestly wished the first person wasn't you, either. I just wish you dead, gone, out of mine and my mothers life. You do us no good.

"Y/n?"

I heard a familiar voice call my name. It was a good friend of mine, my best friend. I looked up to see the familiar blue orbs. I smiled at him.

"Hello, Thomas." I said, smiling brightly at him. He smiled back, tilting his head a bit, making his long dark brown bangs flop over to one side. We've been friends since we were kids. I've even knew him before Trent. He doesn't know about Trent, and of course there's a reason. I knew he would feel as if I would be unsafe being in the same house with a man, who is nothing but a drunken women hitter.

Good thing I was good at hiding things. Especially feelings.

"Hey, Y/n. How've you been? How was your night?" Thomas asked, smiling. He always asks this, and, of course, he's checking up on me, and how I'm feeling. He cares about me, along with my emotions, and well being.

Though, asking me how my night was did trigger me a bit, because of course my night, along with my morning, were both nothing good. But still, I replied with "Fine, thank you. What about yours?"

He did a closed-eyed smile at me, saying "It was great, thank you!"

I smiled back. It was nothing but respect for this boy. I talked to Thomas a bit more. Although, no matter how much I talked to him, my mind was still focused on one thing, and one thing only. That was; after what Trent said to me, what is gonna happen once I go home? Will I no longer be safe?

"Y/n? Are you listening to me?" Thomas said. I snapped out of my thoughts, once again, with my attention on Thomas.

"Uh.. Sorry Tom. I was thinking... What were you saying?"

Thomas sighed, pinching the part of skin between his eyes, closing his eyes while shaking his head. "Well, Y/n, Tracy, Vivian, Esther, and I were going to this Halloween event next week, and I was wondering if you'd go with us?" He asked.

I smiled from ear to ear. "Of course I'll go! You know, Halloween is my favorite holiday after all!" I giggled.

Thomas chuckled, as well. "Yeah, I know your into all that scary stuff and all. It starts around 8pm and goes on all night. Are you in?"

I smiled. "So in."

We talked a bit more on the event, until an assistant from the office came up to us. "Excuse me, are you Y/n L/n?" They asked. Thomas tilted his head in confusion as I just nodded. "Please come with me, the principal and school deputy would like to talk to you."

I simply nodded again, and started to follow the assistant. I looked back at Thomas, who mouthed 'what's going on?'

I mouthed 'I don't know' back.

And I followed the assistant out of the classroom, down the hallway, down the stairs, and into the office, where the principal and school deputy were waiting for me..