Chapter 23

Angel's P.O.V

I huffed and stood in the driveway thinking of where I could go, I guess I could go over to Serenity's house but she probably isn't awake yet seeing as it is summer and normal people sleep in, same with Xavier...maybe I should call them first. 

I reached into my pocket for my phone, just to realize I had left it in my room.

Great.

I sure as hell am not going to go back in there anytime soon. 

"Hey Angel!" 

I looked up to see who it was and saw a car parked at the end of the driveway. I tilted my head to see who was in the passengers side. 

"Oh hi Cindy, hey Kevin." I smiled walking up to the car. 

"So what are you doing out here standing alone in your driveway?" 

"Well Mavor and Vicky—" 

"Oh say no more." Kevin laughed, putting his hand up. 

"Well do you wanna come with us? Seeing as they're most likely...you know." Cindy offered. 

"Where are you guys going?" 

"To the mall and then to the movies." she smiled. 

"So you guys were going on a date?" I asked. 

"No." Kevin chuckled. 

"Yeah what he said." Cindy agreed, blushing a little. 

Hmm. 

"Yeah sure anything but going back there." 

"Well come on then hop in, it's my treat."

It didn't take very long to get to the mall, seeing as this town isn't very big. 

"So where to first?" Kevin asked. 

"Just follow us. C'mon Angel." Cindy dragged me into a store that I swore blinded me with all the fluorescent lights on the ceiling. 

"You've never come in here have you?" Kevin chuckled. 

"What gave me away?" I smiled, rubbing my eyes. 

"Don't worry you'll get used to it." 

"I preferred being blind." I muttered, seeing some of the clothes that weren't nice enough to be priced so high. 

"Angel you should try this on!" Cindy squealed, shoving a sparkly sequin rag at me. 

"Um...what is it?" I turned it a bunch of times trying to figure out what it was. 

"Its a dress silly." 

"What!? This thing is a dress? It looks more like a legwarmer." 

"Just try it on!" 

"But I don't want—" 

"Come on." 

"Fine. But just because you got me out of the house." 

I went into the dressing room and looked at the thing in my hand. How am I even going to fit into this? 

After much squeezing I finally made it into the dress which left nothing much to the imagination but I guess it didn't look half bad. I wouldn't go out in public with it though. 

"Come out let me see." 

"Yeah I don't think so." 

"Come on there's no one here."