Do I Really Have to Sing?

Miss Hemmingway was explaining our task to us about getting into groups and performing it at the end of the term. I wasn’t really concentrating on what she was saying, because I was more focused on whether Daniel is looking at me or not.

“Miss Turner”.

Esther nudged me and I was finally realising she was talking to me.

“Miss Turner, since you just came here and this is a music class, you must perform” she smiled enthusiastically, emphasising the last word. Holy Crap! I knew it.

“Do I really have to sing?” I asked feeling embarrassed.

“Yes sweetie, everyone here performed, they sang, played an instrument or both, you choose” she says pointing to the stage and the music instruments that were displayed on it.

So that means Daniel performed? I wonder if his good at singing or good at playing instruments.

“Hayley” miss repeats my name again.

“Umm yeah I just zoned out for a second” I say, my face feeling red.

“Don’t worry Hayley, you can do this”

Can I really?

I walked on stage, all eyes were on me, a chair and a microphone was in front of me, I grabbed a guitar and sat on the chair.

The girls and Ben screamed my name and said “GO HAYLEY! YOU CAN DO IT!” I smiled at their encouragement. I saw Daniel looking at me, a grin on his face. Ahh! This guy is giving me butterflies in my stomach.

I took a deep breath and finally sang one of the songs I wrote called ‘Extra Ordinary’ I started strumming the guitar and sang. I was so nervous, but people seemed to like it, they all got up on their feet and started dancing gracefully and clapping. Am I really that good? I kept on singing, hitting the high notes, falsetto!

I finally ended it gracefully holding the last word of the song. Everyone stood up and started clapping. I bowed to them, knowing that I finally did something good today. I walked off stage and we went into our groups. The girls ran to me and gave me a big bear hug.

“OMG! You’re so good!” Leah screamed with excitement. “Please join the band, you actually don’t need to audition, you’re really that good already!” she squeals, hugging me again.

“Wow you are so awesome I am now going to be your own personal wing-woman so if any guys wanna hit on you, they have to go through me first!” Esther laughed and gave me a big hug.

“Why do you have to be my wing-woman?” I laughed confused..

“Do you see how many guys are here, when they heard that fantastic voice of yours, of course there gonna go for you”. She says winking at me.

“Come on ladies let’s get back to work and work on our performance. They all headed across the room, leaving me to put back the guitar on stage.

I walked down the stairs, when I saw Daniel walking towards me. My heart was racing, why is he walking towards my direction? 

Everything went to slow motion, him walking towards me, smiling and pushing his hair back and then you see me, my mouth is about to drool from his hotness, mouth wide open.

“Hey Hayley you have such a great voice” he says walking right up to me. For such an Idiot like me I just stood there and admired his handsome face.

“Hayley, you okay? Its likes you’re in another world” Daniel asked with a weird expression on his face.

“Oh right, yea thanks. I never knew you liked music, I thought you were into sports?” I asked blushing profusely.

“Are you kidding me?  I love music, who doesn’t like music” he says looking right through my eyes. We stared at each other for a while when someone had to ruin the moment.

“Hey, what are you guys up to?” Esther asked, like she was concern! Oh I forgot she’s my so called ‘wing women’.

“Umm Daniel and I were just talking about music” I say giving her the look. She smirks “Really talking about music, okay!” she smiled and walked off.

Phew! That girl is gonna give me a heart attack.

“So what kinda music do you listen to like bands or singers?” he asked bitting his bottom lip. “Umm, I umm, I love Blink 182, the 1975, Sum 41, We The Kings, Simple Plan and The Vamps” I say trying to sound cool.

“Wow. Same Blink 182 and We the Kings is a great band, my favourite song of theirs is After Midnight, Check Yes Juliet and I Miss You, and I thought girls liked One Direction and Justin Bieber?” he asked putting his hand on his chin, pretending to think.

I laughed “Well yeah there pretty cool, I like their songs, it’s just I’m not really into them as much as the other bands I just said.

“Oi Daniel we better practice come on!” a guy screamed from the other end of the room. “Yea I’m coming” he screamed back.

“I guess you better go, my group is probably looking for me too” I say trying not to blush. “Well cya later Hayley, nice talking to you” he smiled and ran off to his group.

Wow! I just had a full conversation with Daniel Fitz! Omg! He noticed me…well did he?

*

*

*

Please Listen to All time Low songs: There Amazing songs! So hopefully you listen to them and enjoy it!

Somewhere in Neverland

Break Your Litte Heart

Remembering Sunday                        

Dear Maria Count me In