Story 13 - My Weakness

As I reached the last step getting off the bus someone appeared on the ground. My eyes tried to focus, searching for the rails to keep me up, my one and only support. My breathing turned into gasping, my heart raced in front, my strength deteriorating at the speed of light. My eyes wandered back to the ground as someone called my name again. 

"Lizzie?" 

I swayed in response my head growing and lighter and lighter almost like a helium balloon. I took another step expecting flat ground to be safer. As my toe touched the tar my legs shook and trembled as the bus drove off, the bus driver impatient, all strength vanished, my legs falling out from underneath me. It all vanished.

My eyes flickered as my lips twitched. 

"Lizzie?" a frantic voice whispered in my ear. 

My eyes still saw darkness, my body felt freezing and disconnected and my ears over the ringing could only just make out the frantic voice. My eyes and body felt kilometres away, my body heavy and unreachable. I couldn't reach control as I blacked in and out.

"Come on Lizzie!" an agonized voice begged their breath caressing my face and blankenting me with some form of warmth.  

My eyes twitched and my head felt heavy as it was lolled awkwardly to the side. I moaned and rolled over where it was darker and warmer, a true blanket. 

"Oh Lizzie?! Oh Lizzie!" a voice said exhausted with relief as something like an embrace grew tighter and warmer around me. 

"Matt?" I murmured into something groggily. 

"Here. I'm here." He answered, something brushing my hair.  

My brain was gaining more control as my eyes tried flickered open heavily, a great lot of strength just to open my eyes; I took note of the feeling of an arm wrapped around me supporting me just like the knee I was limply against. One of my arms sat dangling limply over the knee the other held; the only part of me feeling warm, if anything too warm. The grip on that hand tightened giving me a reassuring squeeze. 

"Matt?" I whispered my eyes gradually flickering open. 

His hand brushed my cheek and I shivered at the warm touch his hands growing tighter around me. I sighed and my eyes slowly crept close again protesting at the strain. 

"Stay. Stay awake. Liz are you okay? Hurt? Do you need help?" Matt's voice growing higher as he grew more anxious. 

I slightly smiled "I'm kay. Just want sleep." I murmured "Sorry." I whispered after a moments pause. 

"You're okay right?" 

I smiled and slightly laugh, the laugh itself draining enough as it, I sighed "Yeah. Dunno what really happened. Maybe I just fainted from the stuffiness on the bus and all?" I proposed taking a deep breath as a ripple of shivers ran through me. 

"Come on, let's get going. Your ice." He said anxiously. 

I pouted rolling my head back into his chest "But I'm comfy." I protested childishly. 

His body vibrated as he chuckled, he sighed as his chuckles died off "You scared the hell out of me Lizzie." He whispered. 

"Mmmm." Was all I could say as his scent grew stronger by the minute, more and more mouth watering.  

"You just fell..." he said trailing off in worry and wonder. I couldn't answer it either, it was an unknown mystery, I was known to faint over things, it was what my body did when it couldn't deal; let's just conk out and have a good rest.  

My eyes began to droop again until I remembered "Did anyone else see?" I murmured trying to keep my eyes open and failing. I attempted sitting up more comfortably before my back would become agitated.