Chapter 16-Moment of Truth

Kalea’s POV

Harry didn’t come to school today.  He’s never been so...so sad!  He looked absolutely terrible this morning!  I hated to see him like this.

I was worried about him, but I knew he was strong.  Plus I’d be there to help him.

“The football team are having a start-of-season party,” Lizzie said to me as we walked down the halls.

“So?”

“So this is your chance to ask Liam as your date!  Today’s the day!  Party’s next Saturday,” she said with a wink as she made her way to her classroom.

Great, more parties.  Just what I need right now.  I usually enjoy them, but I feel a lot different about them now.  I want to be more cautious.  I mean I don’t want to end up waking up to some random guy.  Or forgetting that I slept with someone....

I don’t seem to have any control when I get drunk.  The alcohol always seems to take over!

Liam was always the one to keep me controlled since he wasn’t allowed to drink.  Now I just have to look after myself.

I got to class and took a seat at my desk.  I smiled at Liam who found his seat next to mine.

“Hey,” he said.

“Hi,” I replied with a smile.

“Did you solve your little mystery?” Liam asked.

I remembered the events that occurred the day before.

“Yeah,” I said, now focused on my finger nails.

“Great!  So what did happen then?” he asked me with a curious smile.

“I...um...well, I...”

“Hey Kalea!  Liam,” I heard a voice say, saving me from awkwardly explaining what happened.

I looked up and saw Jenni there with a smile.

“Hey Jenni,” I said weakly.

I was still deciding whether to trust her or not.  Louis doesn’t like her, but I also don’t know the reasons behind it.

Yes, they had a messy break up, but Jenni was always so nice to me!

The reason I thought she was a bitch was because I thought she was trying to make Louis jealous.

Jenni was actually telling the truth by saying she saw me with Zayn.  I guess it was terrible timing by telling me at that moment in Beacon Hills.

I’m not going to fully trust her just yet, but I’ll be nice at least.

“How’d your day go with Louis?” she asked me.

“It was fun!  What did you do there?”

“Just some retail therapy,” she replied.

She gave me a smile and I went back to studying my nails.

“Kalea?” she said again.

I looked up at her.

“Do you want to be my partner for the history project/”

I paused for a second and looked at Liam.  He nodded his head in approval.

“Yeah, sure!” I replied.

She leaned forward and motioned for me to come closer.

“Do you always need Liam’s permission for things?” she whispered to me.