Chapter 8-Getting To Know You

Louis' P.O.V.

Thank God that class i finally over. Probably the worst class I have ever sat through. It wasn't even the teacher or subject itself I was bothered in. It was that friend of Kalea's, Liam.

I don't know if I can even use the word "friend." I can see the way she looks at him. There's no denying the feelings there, not to mention the tension in the classroom.

Throughout the class period, Liam and Gillian were sneaking each other looks and smiles. Is Liam seriously that clueless and ignorant? Kalea doesn't deserve to be treated that way.

She was really tense and jumpy. Almost in an angry way. Every time they smiled at each other, I saw the jealousy flash in her eyes for a split second, then ignore them by turning away.

I didn't know what to do to help her. I knew what I wanted to do though. I'd just grab her and hug her; hold her in my arms for eternity, to make her feel safe and comforted.

She is usually so happy and always smiling. I love that smile, so bright and cheerful. That's a reason I don't like to see Kalea upset. It puts a bad feeling in the room.

That could also be Gillian too. This girl just seems to get on my nerves already. Just bad vibes I guess. I know, I know. I don't know her and I'm bias because Liam finds her friendly, but still, there's something off about her.

She's not what I was thinking about during class though. Kalea really doesn't deserve this. I know I don't know her like a close friend...yet. I know that she's special though. She makes me feel good about myself.

Kalea laughs at my jokes and makes you feel like you're wanted. Like you're important to her in her own special way. I met her today, but I feel like we've known each other for our entire lives. I know. Cliche right.

All this reflecting about her went on as I rode home with Josh.

"I think she's worth getting to know man. From what I've seen so far, she's the girl version of you! It seems like you could become really good friends...or...more? If that's what you hope for in the future?" Josh asked.

"All I really expect is to get to know her and be great friends. That's good enough for me as long as I get to spend time with her. Then maybe later on...if she's interested...i could try for more," I answered.

"You're so cheesy man. 'As long as you get to spend time together' MY ASS. You like the girl obviously. What's the problem?"

"She likes Liam! Couldn't you see it? They've known each other longer and feelings have obviously developed there! I'll be the one that is there for her when she realizes how blind he is though! But I'm afraid the moment that Liam finds out what a great girl she is, she will be hypnotized and go straight to him. I don't want to be the rebound she has when Liam doesn't work out. I want to be her one and only!"

"So get her before Liam realizes he has her! You saw how Liam is into new girl..."

"Gillian..."

"Yeah Gillian whatever! My point is, take advantage of that and be there for Kalea now when she needs it before Liam can!"

And with that, I told myself, "I will get Kalea Styles.

Please please review!! :) xxx Sorry it's so short I'll post another chapter later tonight though! :) LOVE YOU GUYS