012: She is Toxic

I said I'll update again in Chanyeol's birthday as a gift, and I truly did intend to do so. But I was busy going through hospitals AND there came a power-outage, internet outage as well in my country that didn't dissipate until 2 in the morning, after Chanyeol's birthday. Considering I'm from Yemen, a third world country, it is not new, but I was greatly disappointed because I gave you my word, and I broke it. I'm sorry :(

But, here's what I promised, a day later. I should at least keep my word intact even if the time is different!

By the way, there's an angst in here. I don't know why I can'r keep away from angst XD

-

For a whole moment, Mina's face turned extremely pale, as if all sorts of colors suddenly vapored from her organs. It wasn't even because of fear, merely because of disappointment, and anger as well, anger at the fact he was telling her of her mother's whereabouts.

Why should she care her mother was in the hospital? She could rot there and she wouldn't even blink. Mina was sure of that, her father was sure of that too, so why the heck was he telling her this? Didn't she tell him not to contact her so long as that woman is still living with him? Why couldn't he listen, for God's sake!

"You okay?" Kyungsoo, who had been watching her ever since her phone was ringing with constant messages; conversationally mumbled through a bite of food. Mina didn't reply, busy fuming. "Your face suddenly became pale. You're not going to cry on me.. are you?"

Kyungsoo, who wasn't as sharp as Kai or Suho surprisingly, could notice the sudden drop of her body temperature; the huge withdrawal she was facing, and it only meant she was facing it hard.

"No, Kyungsoo," she tried not to grit her teeth while answering him, but failed miserably. "I'm not going to cry. I'm just, I think I'll leave."

She really did stand up to leave, contemplating whether she should take parts of the food she brought for herself or not, and then thinking Kyungsoo could eat it himself. Werewolves have large appetites anyway. She turned around in her place like a rapid predator, searching for any belonging of hers to take along, meanwhile; Kyungsoo was staring at her silently, slight judgement in his eyes. After a while, he finally opened his mouth.

"Are you really doing this right now?"

"What am I doing?" She answered right away, busily, and she didn't even spare him a glance. Kyungsoo held an annoyed scowl at bay. Seeing his annoyance might trigger more of her anger, and she'd explode at him. He didn't want to hear her screeching voice, thank you so much.

"Pushing me away?"

She paused at his words, turning around to face him with a frown. Kyungsoo noticed the slight tremble to her hands, the meek furrow of her eyebrows she constantly tried to smooth away only to fall back into her face, and the small curl of a snarl in her lips. She was like a volcano that is waiting for a nudge of sorts to explode entirely and melt everything in its way. It was terrifying in a sense.

"I'm not pushing you away," she sighed in resolute, dropping her hands at her side and closing her eyes, slowly, and then opening them back. "I'm really not; I'm just, surprised."

Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows, his round eyes falling over the phone she was clutching tightly in her left hand, her knuckles paling into white splotches at the sheer force of her curling fingers around the device, and he narrowed his eyes.

"Give me your phone."

She did, give him her phone, and she watched him with pounding heartbeats as he fiddled with her password; peering down at her text messages with curiosity he tried to mask with nonchalance. She wanted to sit down, for her legs were shaking, but she knew if she sat down, she'd probably not have any strength to stand back up; and she didn't feel as cheerful and joyful as before to stay in the boxing ring. It was awful as it was, and she didn't want her already spilled mood to overflow more. She just wanted to go home.