004: Comfort

I'm not sure if this chapter is angsty to some, but it sure is to me. Not heavy or extensive, just small to match the flow of the story. This story IS lighthearted anyway XD Tell me what you think about Mina after you finish this chapter, because I think some of your views might change? Idk.

———

There was one thing Mina could make out through the veil of haze wrapped around her head: she was in a car ride with Jongdae and Baekhyun; and it was absolutely quiet.

Why was it quiet? She wanted to ask, but she was draped on the backseat in such a ridiculous manner that the first issue she wanted to solve – aside the deathly calmness – was her crooked position. She knew she was lying down, that was obvious as much; but how she was lying down, she didn't know. Somehow, her head was throbbing and her legs were curled. She was sure the zaps of pain that electrocuted her fingers whenever she wiggled around was also an odd position for her fingers to be. She tried to lift her head and look at the two assholes of friends she had but they (her fingers) released a violent lurch of pain; so she sighed and sat still, not moving even for a single gesture.

That is, at least; until the car stopped moving and the two males finally exited the car, closing their doors with extra power that the booming voice it released after that echoed painfully in her head; then, there was silence. For a fleeting minute, she thought they'd leave her alone (that happened more than she'd like to remember) but the door near her head cracked open by one of them, and she heard a small, murmured curse.

The next thing she realized was that arms wrapped under her own arms, pulling her up in a straight position, releasing her aching muscles from whatever or whoever was squeezing them together; before she was hauled out of the car. The sudden pull of her body was so surprising and rough, not to mention her throbbing, unconscious head didn't understand what was happening; that she tumbled down the car on the floor right on her hands and knees, the guy actually releasing his hold on her with a shocked yell when her weight became overbearing for him.

"Owwww," She whined, forcing her eyes open and looking down at the concrete she fell on, lifting her palms to give it a smack. "You fucking dropped me."

"It's not my problem you weigh like a seal." She heard someone say above her, voice low and slightly breathless. She recognized the owner of the voice easily, and her head provided her with a name. Baekhyun. She gasped, offended at the name he gave her, before lifting her head up to shoot him a glare. However, her vision was so blurred and messed up that she might've glared at thin air.

"Take that back, Byun Baek."

"What?" Now he was the one being absolutely offended. She pictured him vaguely holding his hands on his hips sassily. "It's true. You're not as thin as you think you are, actually, you ruined my fantasy of holding my future girlfriend brid—uh."

His voice cracked in the slightest at the mention of his girlfriend and holding her bridal style, and the crack was so sudden and so unbalanced; that something cleared in Mina's hazy mind at the sound, and she once again lifted her head from eyeing the concrete floor with hate – because it obviously hurt her - to shoot him a confused look, hoping her eyes were actually looking at his face this time.

Baekhyun noticed her staring, and he blinked the haze from his head to stare back at her. She was still lying on her knees and palms, the dress she was wearing rode over her thighs, which meant her knees actually smacked face on the hard floor. For a small, tiny second, Baekhyun's heart gave a painful lurch inside his chest; realizing that the delicate skin of her knees might be ripped apart by that violent pull of his. Then, that painful lurch in his chest doubled, and suddenly; Baekhyun couldn't breathe properly. For a long time, he just stood in front of the girl, eyes wide because of surprise and horror, with his heartbeats flying in his chest. What was happening to him? Why was he reacting like that because of a harmless mistake he probably didn't even do on purpose?