Winter War : The Egg pt. 2

Start from the beginning

I walk deep into the cave and hear a loud growling inside. "It's alright, Ember. It's me." I soothed her, I let myself be known in the light. She sees me and leans her head down as I reach to her, she gently nuzzles my hand as I gently stroke her. She had more stuff added to her collection, a hobby she had since before she could leave the cave without my help. Every time I would leave, when she was younger, she'd leave the cave to explore and would find some rocks and sticks, anything she could carry, back to her cave and do what she pleased with them. Now that she's bigger, much bigger, she brings back bigger things. I started to look through her pile when a loud cry was heard from the entrance. Ember got in protective mode, "Ember, you stay here." I told her as I grabbed my sword and bolted to help.

When I got the front of the cave, I could see Tauriel fighting a dozen orcs, slowly gaining the advantage. I struck my sword through three orcs that were sneaking up behind Tauriel shot down two more, when she turned towards me, bow drawn, assuming I was an enemy. When she saw it was me, she turned back towards the upcoming orcs. Both of us fought back to back, taking down the orcs together. After the orcs were killed, we both heard another cry, a war cry. Turning in the direction of the sound, another dozen of orcs were charging towards us both.

Tauriel and I were mildly wounded and slightly tired, when we heard a dozen or more orcs charging to us, so we stood with what energy we had, ready to face them

Tauriel and I were mildly wounded and slightly tired, when we heard a dozen or more orcs charging to us, so we stood with what energy we had, ready to face them. Before they were even 10 feet in front of us, there was a grumble from behind, 'oh no', you thought. I quickly grabbed Tauriel and pushed her to the ground, protectively laying on top of her. There was a heat coming from above us as we laid, face down, in the grass. When the heat was gone, I slowly lifted my head, I saw the orcs that were about to come to us, burnt to a crisp. I sighed in relief as I stood, dusting myself off.

Tauriel seemed confused as she stared at the dead orcs in front of us

Tauriel seemed confused as she stared at the dead orcs in front of us. She turned around, hesitantly, and eyes widened in fear. She grabbed me and tried to run but I yanked arm away. "Tauriel, stop, she's not gonna hurt us." I said, rubbing Ember's neck and nuzzled my cheek with hers. "She?" Tauriel looked between me and Ember a few times, "Yes. Tauriel, this is Ember" I introduced them. Tauriel was still slightly frightened, since she slowly raised her hand ad nervously waved to her, "Hiiii." she stuttered, unsure what to say. I led Ember back inside and hugged her goodbye. When I got back outside, she handed me the reigns to my horse, I hopped on, but before we took off, "You have to tell me everything." Tauriel asked intrigued.