sa'd ibn mu'adh (ra)

Sa’d ibn Mu’adh (ALLAH’s THRONE SHOOK)

Assalamualaikum Warahamathulahi Wabarakatuhu

Sa’d ibn Mu’adh (Radiallahu Anhu) is one of the greatest campanions of Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Wa’Alaihiwassalam). Sa’d ibn Mu’adh (Radiallahu Anhu) has fought with our most beloved Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Wa’Alaihiwassalam) in the Battle of Badr, Trench and even in the Battle of Uhud. Sa’d ibn Mu’adh (Radiallahu Anhu) never feared, and he strived along with Rasulallah (Sallallahu Wa’Alaihiwassalam) to spread Islam.

0

There are so many books written about Abu 'Amr Sa'd ibn Mu'adh ibn An-Nu'man Al Ansary Al Awsy Al Ashhaly i.e.., Sa’d ibn Mu’adh (Radiallahu Anhu). He was a great Martyr. It’s mentioned that Sa’d ibn Mu’adh (Radiallahu Anhu), accepted Islam In Madina.

Narrated ‘Abdullah bin Mas’ud:

“Sa’d ibn Mu’adh (Radiallahu Anhu) was an intimate friend of Umaiya bin Khalaf and whenever Umaiya passed through Medina, he used to stay with Sa’d ibn Mu’adh (Radiallahu Anhu), and whenever Sa’d ibn Mu’adh (Radiallahu Anhu) went to Mecca, he used to stay with Umaiya. When Allah’s Apostle (Sallallahu Wa’Aaihiwassalam) arrived at Medina, Sa’d ibn Mu’adh (Radiallahu Anhu) went to perform ‘Umra and stayed at Umaiya’s home in Mecca. He said to Umaiya, “Tell me of a time when (the Mosque) is empty so that I may be able to perform Tawaf around the Ka’ba.” So Umaiya went with him about midday. Abu Jahl met them and said, “O Abu Safwan! Who is this man accompanying you?” He said, “He is Sa’d ibn Mu’adh”.Abu Jahl addressed Sad saying, “I see you wandering about safely in Mecca inspite of the fact that you have given shelter to the people who have changed their religion (i.e. became Muslims) and have claimed that you will help them and support them. By Allah, if you were not in the company of Abu Safwan, you would not be able to go your family safely.” Sa’d ibn Mu’adh (Radiallahu Anhu), raising his voice, said to him, “By Allah, if you should stop me from doing this (i.e. performing Tawaf) I would certainly prevent you from something which is more valuable for you, that is, your passage through Medina.” On this, Umaiya said to him, “O Sa’d  do not raise your voice before Abu-l-Hakam, the chief of the people of the Valley (of Mecca).” Sa’d ibn Mu’adh (Radiallahu Anhu) said, “O Umaiya, stop that! By Allah, I have heard Allah’s Apostle predicting that the Muslim will kill you.” Umaiya asked, “In Mecca?” Sad said, “I do not know.” Umaiya was greatly scared by that news. “ ( Reference Sahih Al-Bhukari, Volume 5, Book 59 and Number 286)

From the above mentioned hadith we come to, how brave Sa’d ibn Mu’adh (Radiallahu Anhu) was. He was against the disbelievers, even though he was alone, he was brave to threaten the Master of Mecca. The Messenger of ALLAH (Sallallahu Wa’Alaihiwassalam) loved Sa’d ibn Mua’adh (Radiallahu Anhu) as it is mentioned in the below hadith, where Rasullah would be gifted a cloak made of silk, which is forbitten. Rasullah would say that, handkerchief of Sa’d ibn Mua’adh (Radiallahu Anhu) in paradise is better than it.

sahabas mio1

Narrated Anas bin Malik:”A silken cloak was presented to the Prophet and he used to forbid the usage of silk (by men). When the people were fascinated by the cloak. he said, “By Allah in Whose Hands the life of Muhammad is, the handkerchiefs of Sa'd bin Mu'adh in Paradise are better than this.” (Sahih Al-Bhukari – 471)

Sa’d ibn Mua’adh (Radiallahu Anhu) was such a honorable and respected companion of Prophet. He’s one of the person guaranteed to enter JANNAH. Sa’d ibn Mua’adh (Radiallahu Anhu), was wounded while fighting in the battle of Trench i.e.., Battle of Khandaq. He was wounded in his neck by a man of Banu Quraysh tribe named Habbin Ibn Al’ araqa. After which our most beloved Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Wa’Aalaihi wassalam) made a tent in the masjid, where he placed the wounded companion Sa’d ibn Mua’adh (Radiallahu Anhu) and ran out to continue his fight. Rasullallah won the Battle of Khandaq and he captured the people, the judgment for the opponent was said by Sa’d ibn Mua’adh (Radiallahu Anhu).

Narrated Sa’id Al-Khudri (RA): Some people (i.e. the Jews of Bani Quraidah) agreed to accept the verdict of Sa’d ibn Mua’adh (Radiallahu Anhu), so the Prophet (PBUH) sent for him. He came riding a donkey, and when he approached the mosque, the Prophet (PBUH) said, “Get up for the best amongst you.” Or said, “Get up for your chief.” Then the Prophet (PBUH) said, “O Saad! These people have agreed to (accept) your verdict.” Sa’d ibn Mua’adh (Radiallahu Anhu) said, “I judge that their warriors should be killed and their children & women should be taken as captives.” The Prophet (PBUH) said, “You have given a judgment similar to Allah’s judgement.” (Sahih Bhukari, Volume 5, Number 3804)

khaliibnwaleed800wv8

After which “Sa’d looked towards the sky and said, “O Allah our Lord! If the war is to last any longer, please do let me live a little longer to fight against them, for I like nothing better than fighting those who hurt Your Prophet (PBUH), disbelieved him and even drove him to emigrate. But if the war has ended, please make my wounds pave my way to martyrdom. I implore You, Dear Allah, not to let me die until I avenge myself upon Bani Quraidah.” (Sahih Bhukari 119/3)

ALLAH the Almighty accepted his request and the cured wound on Sa’d ibn Mua’adh (Radiallahu Anhu)’s neck began to bleed. And Sa’d ibn Mua’adh (Radiallahu Anhu) died after it.

And the Arsh of ALLAH i.e., the throne of ALLAH the most powerful shook at the death of Sa’d ibn Mua’adh (Radiallahu Anhu).

“Narrated Jabir: I heard the Prophet (salallahu wa’alaihi wasallam) saying, “The Throne (of Allah) shook at the death of Sa’d ibn Mua’adh .” Through another group of narrators Jabir added, “I heard the Prophet : saying, ‘The Throne of the Beneficent (Ar-Rahman) shook because of the death of Sa’d ibn Mua’adh ” [Saheeh Al-Bukhari, Volume No. 5, Hadeeth No 147]

And the below mentioned Hadith states that, the angels carried his janazah.  Anas bin Malik (RA) said, “When the janazah of Sa’d ibn Mua’adh (Radiallahu Anhu) was carried, the hypocrites said: ‘How light his janazah is? And this was due to his judgement concerning Bani Quraidah.’ So this reached the Prophet (Sallallahu Wa’Alaihiwassalam) and he said, “Indeed, the angels were carrying him.”

This makes us all wonder the most honorable Sahabah of Prophet (Sallallahu Wa’alaihiwassalam) i.e.., Sa’d ibn Mua’adh (Radiallahu Anhu). How many of us knew about him earlier. He was a important person in all he three battles and strived purely in the cause of ALLAH the Almighty. And died as a Martyr. ALHAMDHULILLAH. Praise be ALLAH, the lord of the worlds. May ALLAH send his blessings and peace upon Our most Beloved Prophet and his family and over his companions.

ALLAH KNOWS THE BEST.

Do vote 🌟
👇🏼👇🏻👇🏼👇🏻