Missing Wonderboy

Start from the beginning

"Who's this?" he asked, nodding in Jaxx's direction.

 "Shane this is Jaxx, we caught him in one of the traps near that car. He's one of us now." Rick explained to the man Jaxx now knew as Shane, and already did not trust him.

 "You brought some random hipster into camp?" Shane asked, glaring at Jaxx. 

"You call me a hipster? Say it to my face ya Fuckin' coward!" Jaxx spoke up ready to knock down this perm press asshole, Glenn held him back.

 "Shane he's a good man, and a nurse. We need all the help we can get." Rick insisted, only angering Shane more to the point of stomping off with a defeated scoff. 

"Some anger you got there." Glenn chuckled, letting Jaxx go. 

"Comes from my Ma. sweet woman, but lord help you if you pissed her off. I at least calm down when I'm held back." Jaxx unwrapped the jade rosary from his hunting knife before putting it on. 

"That rosary. Celtic, right?" Rick asked, grabbing Jaxx's attention and making him nod. 

"Yeah, my ma's. She wasn't big into the church but we still had our family prayers and all that. Father was as useful as dirt in the ocean and most of my family shunned us for leaving the church. But even working three jobs just to keep us alive, Ma was always happy. Hell, when my husband and I moved in together she came with us. In her eyes, I was her little boy." Jaxx chuckled, tucking the rosary into his sweatshirt.

Later that night Jaxx sat in his tent near Dales RV, Tapping the photos he had salvaged from home to the walls of the thin canvas. suddenly hearing the leaves outside of his tent crunch he tensed.

 "Hey Jaxx, we got some fish on for dinner. If you wanna join us your welcome to it." Said Ricks wife Lori. Jaxx rose and unzipped his tent, stepping out and smiling at Lori. 

"I would be glad to. No use in keeping to myself." He said walking towards the group in front of the fire with Lori. at the fire, there was Carol, Carl, Rick, T-dog, Dale, Morales and his family, Glenn, and Sophia.

While eating they all talked, talked about their lives before the apocalypse mostly, but talked. 

"You've been silent this entire time son, your tun." Said Dale to Jaxx, the others looked at him. 

"Shite, ten years ago I wouldn't have been able to say a peep with all these eyes on me." Jaxx chuckled before taking a drink of water before continuing. "Well, before the world went bad I was a nurse. pediatric ward mostly, The kids enjoyed my jokes and I enjoyed their spirit. My husband hunted for pay mostly, You know snag a deer and sell it to any fancy 'organic only' restaurants." Jaxx air quoted organic only, everyone chuckled in response.

"What do your tattoo's mean?" Carl asked, pointing to Jaxx's left arm with a couple of random looking small tattoo's. Jaxx chuckled and lifted his sleeve more to show, first pointing to a tattoo that said "Clover" In Dark Crystal font along with the words "Ma" and "Murphy" under it in the same font. "Well, Clover is the nickname my husband gave me. I call him wonderboy. Ma is of course for my mother, and Murphy was our Spanish mastiff." Jaxx then pointed to the crossbow on his wrist "This is my husband's bow, matches the clover tat he got pretty well may I add." he then pointed a quote that took up most of his upper arm "This is Just the prayer from the boondock saints, one of my favorite movies." then finally pointing to the treasure chest on his inner forearm. "And this.. well, I just like pirates." 

Everyone laughed and ate more. after Jaxx had finished, T-dog spoke up. "So, what happened? How come you're alone?" he asked, Jaxx looked down at his feet and then looked back at everyone else.

"I just got off of a night shift at work, visiting one of my usual kids when I saw the news. People were going mental, I rushed home to make sure my family was safe but... By the time I got there, my husband had gone and my ma had become one of those things. the bravest person I had ever known, Became one of those things. She was too busy chowing down on Murphy to notice me so I found my gun, I shot her, and then I grabbed my emergency bag and ran." Jaxx paused as he thought of his mom.

 "Tried getting on a truck heading out of the city but no one would let me on. so, I decided to go to Atlanta myself. But hey, being here is better than getting trapped in the city of the dead" Once Jaxx had finished he felt better, smiling as he rose from where he sat. "One bad thing about me, I'm too positive for my own good. I'm checkin' in for the night, May you all have a safe nights rest." Jaxx waved as he made his way back to his tent, feeling his tired eyes weigh down and beg for sleep.

Making a bed out of a sleeping bag and some blankets, Jaxx took off his boots and laid down. Not long after Jaxx had fallen into a deep sleep, Clutching a framed picture of his husband giving Murphy a bath.