Prolouge - Part 1

A/N: I'm rewriting this story. Please skip to the chapters with "RE:" in their titles for the actual story.

Himiko yawned, picking up her phone, waking up to the familiar ring tone. "Yep," she thought, "Tenko, punctual as always." While sitting up, Himiko stretched, picking up the call almost on autopilot, then placing the phone next to her ear, "Good morning, Tenko," she mumbled, rubbing her eyes. "Himiko! Good, you're up! I'll be at your house in roughly ten minutes, alright?" she asked, sounding cheerful as alays, her usual self.
"Yep, that's fine, see you," Himiko replied, then, quickly ended the call. She shakily stood up, still tired, quickly dressing herself in her usual school uniform, then brushed her short crimson hair. How did hair so short manage to knot itself to this extent, was the question she asked herself on the regular, but figured she must just roll around a lot in her sleep.

Himiko hurried down the staircase and to the front door, opening it the moment her friend began to knock. "Good morming, Himiko!" Tenko waved, practically jumping up and down as she spoke. "Mornin'," Himiko smiled back at her, quickly shouting a quick goodbye to her parents before leaving the house. Tenko and Himiko walked together to school every day. It was just how they did things. Tenko handed the smalled girl a cereal bar, while stating that she knew Himiko never ate breakfast, and had finally remembered to bring some for her. Himiko thanked her friend, then they continued as usual. Discussing whatever came to mind - then, something unusual happened. Something they never, ever wanted to happen. Either of them.

Tenko, being closer to the road, was pulled into a car, screaming for Himiko to run all the while. Though, her screams were quickly muffled. Himiko attempted to run away, tears falling down her pale cheeks, but she wasn't fast enough. The people who'd taken Tenko grabbed her too, one placing a cloth over her nose and mouth. It smelt... odd. That's the only way Himiko could've discribed it, as soon, she fell unconcious.

----- [ Author's Note ] -----
A short start, but fitting. The later parts will, hopefully, be longer.