They Should Know

Himiko's P.O.V.

We started off by just meeting each other in our rooms in the middle of the night. Everyone in our class still had the impression that we hated each other, that I was still mad at him. How were we supposed to tell everyone that the day they all thought Ouma was faking his feelings towards me, that he met me at my room at the end of the day, confessed to me, and made out with me? How was I supposed to explain that I was making out with him back? Days went on, and we made sure that whenever we left each other's rooms the next morning, we did so before anyone else woke up. Sometimes that meant just being able to lay together for a few hours, but being in his arms made it all worth it.

We hardly slept during that time, so during the day we had less energy. At least Ouma was good enough at hiding it as he made his rounds around the room. At night, sometimes we would lazily kiss each other, fingers gliding softly across our skin. Other nights we probably made enough noise on the bed to make other people wake up wondering what was going on. It's been a month though, and no one found out yet. As the month went on, we found time to sneak off on campus to spend time together. Whether that be having lunch in one of our talent rooms, making out in a closet, or making something when the kitchen was available. We made it work.

Today, like every morning, Ouma was slipping his pants on so that he could decently walk back to his room. My eyelids were heavy but I wanted to stay awake long enough so that I could kiss him goodbye. As soon as he was partially dressed, he bent down and gently kissed my forehead. His hands tangled through my hair and I wished that he would just stay here for another hour. If we could find a way to just tell people, then we could actually sleep at night. I would love that. It's funny, the thought of sleeping in Ouma's arms felt really comforting even though he's a ball of energy who likes to prank people.

"Kokichi," I spoke up.

"What's up," he kissed my lips.

"Should we start telling people about us," I asked and watched Ouma sit up.

He stared at the wall as if that was supposed to give him all the answers we were looking for. A good thing about letting other people know about us is that we can be free from the pressure of this secret. I know how Ouma feels about opening up to others and how difficult that is for him. If he wanted the same thing as me, he should be all for it. The seconds ticked on though and he was still thinking.

"I mean, you can tell the girls if you want," he said and laid back down, "I'm sure the second you tell Tenko it'll spread like wildfire. I guess I could tell Saihara since he's probably one of my closest friends here."

"Kaito would fight you on that," I joked before going back to the main point, "But I think being honest with everyone will be good. I know that makes you uncomfortable so if you don't want to, I'll be happy to tell everyone."

"What are you going to say though," he asked, "That we had makeup sex that day? That we've been dating and messing around in secret every since? You know damn well that won't go over well with Tenko."

"Well I wouldn't tell her the sex part," I sighed, "I probably won't tell anyone."

I didn't want him to be under the impression that I was ashamed or embarrassed to have sex with him or to be his girlfriend. Surprisingly, he was extremely gentle and did exactly what I wanted, and I did the same to him in return. He respected my boundaries and as the month went on, I got more and more comfortable with more things. I was happy that I was able to open up to him in that way. At my old high school, I would have never had a guy want to do anything with me, not even hold my hand. Ouma was different.

"Well, how about I tell the guys, and you tell the girls," Ouma said, "We all kind of do our own thing before and after school."

I nodded, "I'll text Tenko and Angie to meet me at breakfast so I can tell them first."

"Perfect," Ouma said and kissed me once again.

We stayed like this for a few minutes before he really had to leave. When he was gone, I enjoyed the few extra hours of sleep before my alarm eventually went off. I texted Tenko and Angie like I said I would and got ready for the day. Ouma forgot his scarf that he always wore and I debated on whether or not I should bring it to him. I had a little fun putting it on, enjoying the familiar scent that he typically smelled like. I ended up folding it neatly on my desk deciding to just give it to him later. I made my way out of my room and to Tenko's.

I quietly knocked on the door and was greeted by my much taller, energetic friend. She smiled brightly down at me, still wearing her pajamas. I quietly let myself in and immediately flopped down on her bed waiting for her to finish getting ready. Tenko skipped around her room, rambling about pretty much nothing. She finished getting dressed and started to do her hair. How can she get her hair so perfect yet not get a cramp? It's so long that she must get tired.

I thought about my deal with Ouma and sat up. I have no idea how I'm even supposed to explain myself in the first place. Tenko is probably going to freak out no matter what, but as my best friend, she still needs to be supportive and happy for me. I took a deep breath before speaking up.

"Tenko, I need to tell you something," my voice shook slightly.

"What's up," she looked over at me and I nearly laughed over how silly she looked with the hair ties in her mouth.

Here goes nothing, "Ouma and I are dating!"

The hair ties that she had in her mouth fell out when her jaw practically hit the floor.