23. | Only words bleed

Start from the beginning

"Keep fighting, one day you'll be happy. I'll make sure to be by your side forever"

Izuku starts sobbing out loud, his body is shaking terribly. "I'm-I-I..can't" He starts hearing police sirens close. If he doesn't jump now, he won't get the chance again.

Out of fear and desperation, he manages to smile softly, muttering out a quiet goodbye.

This world is not a place for him anymore. Out of all the times he went to the roof to kill himself, his mind strongly stopped him. But there is nothing left in this world anymore. His strings were cut. All of his reasons to stay, slowly died with each day. Leading him to this final moment. This world is sure a sad place.

"IZUKU NO!" The girl leaps forward, but her feet freeze on the ground. Her eyes glow a certain yellow color, the whole building starts shaking before it's slightly tilted from 90 degrees to 60 degrees, just barely enough before it can collapses all over.

Katsuki who was standing behind the door, he rolls towards the railing, and Y/n's eyes spark back to normal.

Just as all this was happening, a large wall of ice sprouted from the ground. Shouto stood at the same height, having Izuku in his arms.

"What?" Izuku blinks away his tears. It all happened so fast, he thought he had already jumped. But here he is, in Shouto's arms. The coldness of the ice buries itself under his skin.

Y/n moves leaps towards the railing, a few inches away from Izuku and Shouto.

"As if we'd let you die Broccoli" She smiles tearfully.

Izuku's eyes widen, both Y/n and Katsuki were looking at him.

"I'm not going to let you die on me ner- Deku" Katsuki grumbles, throwing out a quick smile. "So this is your quirk, damn"

"Hah- Yeah, I'm sorry I went kinda overboard"

Her quirk, Collapse.
She can destroy any structure of atoms, making them tear apart. According to this building, she had managed to twist the building from a straight line to bow to a 60 degree, without destroying its full structure.

The girl turned her gaze to Izuku again, giving him a gentle smile. She and Katsuki are both clamped to the railing, due to the uneven ground level.

She takes out her hand, gently rubbing circles around his shaking one, calming his senses down. "I promise, everything will be okay" She reassures the boy, seeing his frightened expression.

"I'm—I'm sorry, I should've never gotten you into this" He puts his other hand over his eyes, tears running down his freckled cheek.

"It's okay, I'm here now", Oh how she wishes she can just embrace him now.

"We should get down, I assume it's safest for me to bring you all down," Shouto suggests, still holding Izuku's frame close. It is like holding a fragment of a gem that can shatter any moment, he has to be careful, delicately providing his safety. Shouto feels weird...taking care of somebody else in this particular way, it feels nice and warm, knowing he can save someone.

"Yeah, there's no way we can leave this fucking building" Katsuki states, "But I'm getting myself down" He draws up his sleeves.

"Kacchan.." The green haired boy murmurs, he doesn't know what else to say. It's been such a long time since they talked or even conversed in any type of way. Even if all their socializing had ended up in brutal pain and anxiety, Izuku still hasn't forgotten. How warm those days were...how Katsuki's smile always gave the freckled boy an inner strength.

"We'll talk later..." Just as Katsuki is about to jump down. Police cars invade the scene, accompanied by other heroes.

"Oh, I forgot I called them" Katsuki admits, his jaw clenching.