Prologue

© 2018 by Danelle Dreyer. All rights received.

No copy, in any form or manner, of this work is permitted.

Personally contact the author in case of an enquiry.

Prologue

It was typical Tuesday afternoon and the young gods and goddesses were trying their hardest to keep up with what Asclepius was trying to explain to them.

The young heir to Apollo's throne and future emperor of the lands was having a slightly rough time conveying the design of his new invention.

"Okay." He clapped his hands once and tried very hard not to sigh in frustration. Sometimes he wondered how they all passed their classes together. "Let's try this again..."

"Oh, someone save me." Narray mumbled as she leaned back against the large oak table and crossed her arms over her chest.

"This-" Asclepius extended his arms to the back and gestured to his newly built device. "-is a kinetic energy converter. As you can guess, it converts kinetic energy."

"Yes, we got that part." Claudeus sighed and rubbed his forehead. "What we're struggling with is why."

"Hold on, you two dorks might understand that part, but the rest of us are slightly cloudy on the subject." Casseus interjected and pointed with his thumb to the rest of the gang all waiting for something interesting to come out of this whole experience.

Beside Casseus stood his older sister, Theia, and the god of ghosts, Malreus. Beside Malreus, stood his cousins, Triton and Rhode- the son and daughter of Poseidon and Amphitrite. And on the other side, next to his twin brother Claudeus, stood their other cousin, Morpheus- the eldest child of Hypnos and Trita.

"Kinetic energy is energy created through movement and motion." Asclepius muttered with a whiny voice; trying his hardest to irritate Casseus as much as he currently felt. "Now can I get to the good stuff?"

"There's a good part to this?" Malreus leaned closer to Theia and whispered it in a dry tone. The young goddess tried her hardest not to giggle, but a bit of laughter escaped. She was silenced by Asclepius' glower.

"So what I've created- which is rather ingenuous, if I may say so myself- is a device that can collect, so to speak, kinetic energy, store it and then transfer it into another form of energy."

"Don't you we have magic for that?" Rhode piped in from the side, her big blue eyes inquisitive. She was the quiet one, but definitely curious whenever Asclepius had a new invention to explain.

Asclepius sighed and looked up to the heavens for help. "Let me finish."

Rhode pulled a face and her older brother, Triton, chuckled at her expense. She gave him the stink-eye, while he chewed on his apricot.