14

I walked through of my job, taking a big whiff of the store I've been missing. I exhale, smiling the biggest smile I ever had.

"Today is gonna awesome!"

Customer: [Pushes Nicky] Get the fuck out of the way!

"Yes!"

Clocking in, putting on my vest, I start my day. As I walk through the store, collecting trash that 3rd shift refuse to do, my fellow associates gave me looks like they haven't seen me smile.

Usually I come into work like a zombie, already to bite someone's head off if they say one word with me, then go home and sleep or go out with my friends and drink.

My job doesn't make me happy, sad, or angry. It's just rough. Associates get away with bullshit. But if I did the same thing, I'll get fired.

I need this job.

It's not fair to those who work hard. But nowadays, you either work till the boss don't need you anymore or kiss their ass.

But enough about the joys of my job. Let's go back to awesome fantastic day.

Cassie, the bass player of our band was a cashier at the store. When I walked past her, she raised an eyebrow as she walk beside me.

Cassie: So, who gave you drugs to be smiling like that?

"Haha, no one. I'm just happy."

Cassie: Happy? Even after you clean the front women's bathroom? Especially that last stall?

"Yes."

I was surprised that I clean that shithole of that stall. Old people are complete dicks.

We continue talking as I was making my trash run. My feeling of happiness start taking a u-turn to worry.

In line at Customer Service, Nikki stood there with the new mini arcade game. That wasn't the problem. I would've be fine seeing her.

Tiffany was beside her, listening to music.

If both of them see me, especially when I go out with both of them, with different names. They're going to tear me apart. I'm looking forward of Tiff ripping me a new one when she learns I'm dating her mom.

"Cass, I gotta go, get a spill. Catch you later."

I walk between two registers, heading to the grocery section. That was too close for my comfort. One day, they will know I'm dating them at the same time, I jus-

???: Hey hot stuff.

I turn to see Aiko with a hand buggy of fruits and vegetables. She had a bright smile that made my heart melt. She wore white long sleeve shirt with a sleeveless yellow sweater on top of it. A short blue skirt that show her curvy hips off and long black stockings.

"Hey...sexy. Wh-what are you here?"

Aiko: I'm on lunch, so I thought I grab me some food. Also, this is the only supercenter in the city. How you doing?

"I'm doing o-okay."

Aiko: You look like you seen a ghost...or your sidechick.

"Sidechick! What wou-"

Aiko: Haha I'm just fucking with you, Nick.

"I'm sorry, Aiko. It's been a rou-"

I stop talking as my eyes looked behind her. Kyanna was also here and her son was with her. My attention went back to my hot asian girlfriend. I gotta play this cool.

"Some fucking kid just puked in the toys department. I gotta clean it."

Aiko: Shit. Better you than me. Be careful and maybe we can hangout after work. Later, Nick.

"Later, gorgeous."

I start to speed walking, swerving around the corner. One of my maintenance members walk next to me and I asked him to take it while I make my way...somewhere.

I bump into someone, causing them to drop something. Saying sorry, I looked at the person and regret it.

???: Watch it, you dumbass! You-

Of all people, Audrey was the one person I didn't want to see. She knows how to make a scene.

Audrey: Thanks a lot, dumbass! These were the last bag of onion rings. You better hope they're not crush to dust! Now get out of my way, you ass!

I swear she may have the mindset of Helga Pataki. Mean in person, sweet and a mix of obsess and creepy at her place.

I went to the bathroom stall, taking out the Huniebee. Looking at the section of the girls, I let a cry.

All my girlfriends except Momo are shopping!

The last thing I need is a multi-women brawl at my job and everyone knowing about my bad decisions.

I just got to avoid them. Nikki and Tiffany should be gone by now. Aiko is on lunch and probably want more time to herself before going to teach. Audrey is probably going to steal those onion rings.

Manager: Nicky, nail polish spill at Health and Beauty.

Of course at a time like this. I went out to get the spill. Walking to the HBA, my eyes widen. Not at the many small jars of nail polish giving the floor some color.

But Jessie and Lola were in the same aisle where the mess is. Making things worse, the Market Manager was there.

This was definitely a sign. Today is the day that I lose two woman and my job. Lola wasn't much to me and Jessie is just a horny women.

As I get closer, the Market Manager walks towards me, shaking his head at me. Ohhh fuck!

M. Manager: The polish won't come off the floor. Third Shift will wax the floor. Clean up the broken glass, okay?

"Yes, Sir."

One problem down. I turn back to the aisle and my other problem was gone.  The two girlfriends were gone. Thank goodness.

❤❤❤

After the day I had, I put away my work crap, grab me Apple Smirnoff Ice pack, and drove home.

While on the road, I had sometime to think. I miss working, dealing with asshole associates and customers, running around to every managers beckoning, cleaning shitty toliets, being yelled for doing my job while my fellow associates don't do anything.

I need a new job.