Chapter IX

I wake up by a soft shake against my shoulders. "Cassie," a deep voice makes me grumble and roll over. Another firm shake comes against my shoulders. "Cassie." This times it firmer. "Come on Cassie," the voice grumbles before shaking me harder. My eyes snap open and I look up to see Grims black eyes staring down at me. Sunlight shines behind his head, giving me an ironic image as sunlight shines beside him beautifully.

"Grim!" I jolt upward and almost fall off my bed when he luckily catches me. He sends me a look before I nod at him and hurry out of bed to stand. He stands as well.

"Are you--"

"What are you doing here?" I hiss. Grim eyes narrow even more.

"What?"

"You normally leave after you say something scary or when we don't talk..." I trail off awkwardly, biting my lip as I realize I just admitted I pay attention to when he actually leaves. I don't think Grim notices as he just shrugs.

"Things change," his eyes then quickly run over my outfit. I look down just as he speaks. "Which by the way, if you want to make your aunt really happy, I suggest you walk down there right now and start making some coffee."

"What?" I tilt my head.

"I may have overheard your aunts thoughts and she was thinking it would be nice of you to do that."

"Oh," I rub a hand through my hair. "How long have you been here? And thanks," I tell him. He nods.

"I've been here all night."

My eyes widen. "All night?" I squeak. Grim just perks an eyebrow at me. "Uh..." I trail off, confused by my odd behavior. I close my eyes briefly but I suddenly snap them open as I remember how Grim covered my eyes with his used shirt as we made out. Oh no.

My stomach flips as soon as I recognize the feeling in my chest. I cover my mouth before letting out an awkward laugh and running out of my room. I can hear Grim trailing behind me and look over my shoulder, letting him know not to follow me. He gets the idea, but when I get to the bottom of the stairs he is waiting for me, leaning across the railing sexily.

Sexily...Very sexily.

His obsidian eyes stare at me as I walk down the stairs, his hair messy yet almost perfect as it lays over his one eye. His lips look as plump and pink as ever and his eyebrow piercing winks at me in the morning sun. Something about the way he stares at me makes something in my core light up and I almost trip going down the stairs. His eyes widen slightly before he regains his cool and lets an amused smirk float over his face. 

Oh, how I want to kiss that smirk right off. 

Oh no. 

I can sense the panic rising in my veins as alarm bells go off in my head. I can't be thinking that right now. "Are you okay?" Grim comes close to me as he speaks so his voice is just above a whisper.

I just give a shaky nod before my fingers are reaching out and I am making the coffee. He watches me until suddenly, he is at my side. I send him a confused look when he grabs my elbow softly. It's actually such a soft touch I want him to never let go. His touch it so different. Given his exterior, I would think his fingers would be calloused. Hell, with his reputation he should be calloused himself.

I gasp but his eyes just slice to mine. I can see a question running around in them, but he is silent as his fingers run over my burn. Relief is immediately offered to me from his fingers, and I almost sag into him. We are so close that our breath mixes, my lips about three inches away from his face. He seems to notice our close proximity just as I do, but neither of us dares to move. That is until I hear Ravenna.