Chapter Six- i wouldnt do that

chapter six

mike walked down the hallway and stopped in front of a red door. a orange glow peaked from under it.

he knocked, " eddie? can i come in?"

little steps echoed until they stopped at the door and opened it. eddie stood there looking up at mike with tired eyes.  "what's wrong? are you okay?"

mike smiled fondly, "i'm okay.", eddie was like everyone's kid brother because of his height, "i just need to talk to you."

eddie nodded and went back to his bed. mike stepped in and closed the door behind him. eddies room is lit with candles, lightbulbs are too bright. his room is rather dark.

"whatcha need mikey?" eddie sat crisscrossed on the bed.

mike sat next to him and sighed. "i met that boy"

eddie instantly knew who he was talking about and sighed loudly, "ugh. stan told you didn't he?"

"yes, but that's not how i know." mike paused and swallowed hard, "eddie... i met him at the diner. i saw his future.... "

"what you see?!" eddie asked curiously

"blood. teeth..... eddie, i think your gonna kill him" mike rushed his words.

eddie sat back in disbelief, "no."

the air filled with silence as eddie frowned at mike. "i wouldn't do that to richie."

"eddie, you need to be careful—"

"i would never hurt richie. i can't even get my fangs to come out when i'm around him. because... i don't really know why but there's something different about him. i don't want to hurt him. i want to protect him. i want to keep him safe. not hurt him."

mike stared into eddies eyes that never strayed from his. mike felt a flash of heat and then his vision blurred into a different scene.

holding hands, blood still, but acceptance and love.

"mike?"

mike focused back and blinked at eddie.

"okay. but i don't know what will happen if you stay around him. just please eddie, don't tell him we're here, and definitely don't tell him your a vampire"

"i won't," eddie assured, "but it think he knows i'm a vampire"

"what? how?"

" i saw him at the library a few days ago. rented books about vampires" eddie shrugged

"just... if he asks you deny it. be safe please" mike pat eddies shoulder and got up to leave. "night eddie"

"night mike"

1890

the tree branches scrapped at eddies arms. the cold wind made his eyes water as he ran through the woods. the moon above him was full and the night was cold. he could still taste her blood in his mouth.

suddenly he was tackled to the ground, a huge hairy beast hovered over him getting ready to bite into the boy. eddie used his strength to push the creature over. he opened his mouth and revealed his fangs.

the creature under him formed into a man and eddie fell to his chest. he looked down to meet hazel eyes

"your a vampire"

"your a werewolf" eddie sneered back "and you tried to kill me" he rolled off of the man and brushed his shorts off.

"sorry about that... thought you were mortal" the man scratched his fawn curls.

eddie cocked an eyebrow and looked up at him

"my names Stan."

"eddie kaspbrak" stan held out his hand but eddie began backing away

"what are you doing out here kid?" stan took a few steps closer

"i'm running away. leave me be" he huffed and turned around to run but stan pulled him back by his hand. eddie gasped and turned around. he looked up at stan and gave him a questioning look

"wait... we're the same-"

"i'm no dog—"

"i mean... we're both outcasts. hated by the world. we should stick together."

"no"

"your just a kid"

"i've killed"

"your small"

"i've fought for my life"

"you need someone."

eddie couldn't argue with that.

"maybe. but i don't know you"

" you don't have to. i can't let you walk away alone" something in stans eyes burned eddies chest.

"where will we go?" eddie asked

"i don't know. but we'll make it"

💔chris💔