Jeno knew what he looked like, and it was kind of frightening.

The genetic makeup of a Defect was different. Hence the name of "Defect." They are seen as something wrong, messed up. The genes flowing in Jeno's body were of a different structure, whereas the only reason humans can change an aspect, like hair, is if they dye it but eventually the hair will return to it's natural color, Jeno was different.

Some of Jeno's features can change, but it is determined if he is using his Defect genetics, or the "human" genetics. That explains why his features change.

His brown hair was still the same, but the only difference, only indication that he was even just a part of a Defect, was the small tuft of hair at the back of his neck that was purely white. But when he was using, or in tap, with his Defect side, his whole hair took that trait and was completely white. His irises changed to do the same, but only when he uses his abilities.

Whilst Renjun stared at him, his eyes slowly faded into the chocolate brown they usually are. 

Renjun stood there, not knowing where to go or what to do. Until Jeno spoke.

"R-Renjun," he stuttered, "are you scared?"

Jeno was scared, but he needed to know about Renjun.

"N-no. You're a-a -"

"A Defect," Jeno whispered, but loud enough for both.

"H-how long have y-you known?"

"Ever since I was born," Jeno looked up at Renjun, "Are you going to hate me now?"

Renjun had been looking at his hands, not wanting to look at Jeno for too long. But not for the reasons that Jeno thought. At Jeno's comment, his head shot up, piercing Jeno with an adorably fierce look. 

"This changes nothing, Jeno. I-it's just a bit, s-strange?"

Renjun had taken his gaze off of Jeno mid-way through the sentence, cocking his head to the side by the end of the sentence.

Sure, he was conflicted. Defects have always been displayed as overly aggressive, and the people laying in the room didn't help that statement, but he had that encounter with Taeyong.

And he knew what kind of person Jeno is. He's still Jeno.

"S-strange? I guess," Jeno rubbed the back of his neck, feeling the unwanted awkwardness to interrupt their moment.

Jeno was still holding his neck, looking down at the ground, when two hands came up to cup his face. Shocked, he looked up to see Renjun closer, smiling brightly at him.

"Strange in a good way, Jeno," he said, wrapping his arms around the younger, knowing that he needed comforting right now.

Jeno was filled with warmth at the action, hugging the older even more.

Renjun really shouldn't do it, but he was curious. 

Curiosity killed the cat.

Renjun laughed silently at his joke.

But the knowledge brought it back.

Jeno was confused on why the older was laughing, and decided to voice his concern out.

He was about to question the older, until he felt a tug on the back of his still-white hair.

"Injoon, what are you doing?" Jeno pulled Renjun out of the hug.

What he got was a big smile on Renjun's face, who went to reach for Jeno's hair once more.

"It's so pretty," Renjun tried to explain quickly, reaching for Jeno's hair again.

"But it  hurts," Jeno said, not wanting Renjun to pull it again, but the older's cute pout was almost to much for his heart.

"Wait. A. Second," Renjun thought, where the hell is everyone else?"

The older gave the younger a mild worried face.

Oh no.

. . . 

A/N:

Thank you for reading!

I wasn't quite sure where to go with this at first, but I MADE IT!

It's snowing so much where I live, 

but it's normal so, whatcanido?

BUT

I hope you liked it!

The next chapter is gonna be about the rest of DREAM!

Look forward to it!

started : 2018.11.28
finished : 2018.11.28