Weeds - Chapter Sixteen

Start from the beginning

I heaved in a breath of air enjoying the feel of properly functioning mouth and throat.

"Why the f*ck did you take me kids water? You f*cking pervert!" An overweight lady with curly blonde hair wearing tight purple leggings and a tank top screamed at us, approaching.

"Shit." West murmured grabbing my hand in pulling me up, he started for the parking lot making the blonde woman run faster screaming absurdities.

He opened the door to his car and I got into the passenger seat, he closed it firmly and ran to his side. He hopped in slamming the door behind him, he started the engine veering us out of the lot. I kept turning back to check if anyone had followed us, thankfully they hadn't.

When we were a good mile away from home West turned on the heating .

I stared out the door at the sky which was still very light considering it was only six in the afternoon, the air smelt strongly of salt which I figured was because we were so close to the coast line.

"Are you going to the lock down tonight?" I asked.

I watched as he shook his head lightly, "Nah, I have to catch up on some homework since training starts on Sunday."

I nodded in understandment, Stinson's basketball team was the best in the state they started training six months before season even begun.

The sky was light blue with a pink tint at the horizon. I remained stiff, possibly the worst date that I have ever been on in my entire life but in fairness I had ever only been on a handful of dates, and all with the same boyfriend.

When we pulled out in front of my house West let out a loud sigh but chuckled lightly, "Maybe I can have a redo?"

I inspected his still perfectly gelled hair and preppy boy clothes, "Well see, thanks though." I smiled lightly and opened the Jeeps door. I stepped out straightening out my dress.

"Oh and Riley," He gave me one of signature West smiles, "I had a pretty great time with you today."

I smiled, "Good night West."

Inside the Stone household many things stood out, a half naked child running down the stairs his lathered hair sticking up and a towel tied across his neck like a cape, an older boy running behind him with a foam beard, a grey shirt that clung to him because it was drenched and a wash cloth in his hand. There was young teenage girl sitting on the couch reciting some kind of song loudly, and there was a very awkwardly placed Cole sitting on a stool in the kitchen.

"Riley!" Logan squealed running into me, I caught him spinning him around.

"What's up bud?"

"E-E-Elliott and I ar-re playing t-tag!" He smiled brightly and I couldn't resist the urge to squeeze his cheek.

I looked up to Elliott who had a rather embarrassed expression as his beard slowly dripped off his face, "I was just-"

I shook my head at him, "Its cool."

I put Logan down and headed into the kitchen, what was Cole doing here?

"Cole, what's up?"

"Riley, hey! How are you?" He asked smiling.

I crossed my arms, "What are you doing here?"

He chuckled, "Cant I just drop by to visit my best friend?"

I gave him a planted look, "Cut the crap and just tell me why you're here."

He sighed, "All right, so you remember my cousin Ellie?"