36. Imminent Eventual Day

Start from the beginning

Suddenly my body hit the cold water and I wasn't able to move to my surprise. Why there is water? The river was way to far from the building. Why am I in the water? Until I almost lost my breathing but I saw a ray of light from the surface of the water.

 Why am I in the water? Until I almost lost my breathing but I saw a ray of light from the surface of the water

I did try to reach it but I can't until I realized, I can't reach it if I won't move or swim. So I paddle and swam hard to the surface until I reached above and my lungs breathed a fresh air. I gasped for air like there is no tomorrow. And almost got drowned again when I saw the surroundings.

I have no idea what is this place and why am I even in the water

I have no idea what is this place and why am I even in the water. I flinched as I felt the pain on my shoulder. Am I dreaming? But why the pain feel so real? I am confused as I swam to the shore. Or am I dead? This might be heaven...... or a glamour cover for hell. I don't know where to go. But I was caught of guard when an aged lady appeared from the forest. She's dressed in a plain clothing but she looks stunningly beautiful despite of her age but my eyes was trained to her belly as I saw it was in bulged. I don't know if that was natural because of her age, it's impossible to call it pregnancy.

An angel perhaps? I never knew that an angel will appear right before my eyes. She was eyeing me like I am some sort of weird specie before she spoke.

"You have a weird clothing taste." She spat a comment over my clothes like seeing my clothes is the most ridiculous thing in the world.

I was wondering why did she took time noticing my clothes, when they are just simple suit. This is common and invented a long time ago.

"Ah, lawyers do have this kind of taste." I answered with half smile but I almost gave a sour face when I felt again the throbbing pain. I looked on my left shoulder can see the hole and the blood but it's not that visible since I am wearing black and I am wet from the swamp or lake or river. I don't know.

Her forehead creased. "Lawyers? What's that?" She asked.

She doesn't know about lawyers? How? "Lawyers, people who defend a case and unravelling truths." I answered to her. Well, that's half true and lie.