30. Smoke and Bombs

August's POV

"Hey! We need to go now. Come one!" Nagmamadali kaming pumasok sa isang van dito sa basement ng HQ.

There was a sudden call and we need to infiltrate the hotel. There is an illegal trade that will happen in Century Peninsula Hotel. We are wearing black skin tight suit at pinatungan ko na ito ng isang black coat. It's already 10pm and the night has just started.

Mabilis ang takbo ng van at agad kaming nakarating sa hotel at agad kaming nagsibabaan. I saw Vladimir with his usual cold expression na parang walang pakialam and it made me more curious.

"Okay, you know what to do August." Saad naman ni Jasper sa akin.

"Okay." Sagot ko at kinuha ko ang aking black tinted ray ban at isinuot yun.

"I'll do the infiltration from behind." Saad naman ni Vladimir. "Refrain from being caught."

Bumuntong hininga ako bago sumagot. "I will try." Sagot ko na lang at naglakad na ako papasok sa Hotel. It is nit guaranteed na hindi ako mahuhuli. This mission is risky and Nate was surrounded with great people as well.

I walked with grace and flipping my hair. It is part of the show. The guard bowed and I smiled at him. Pumasok na ako sa loob and I can see that the front desk is busy with assisting some guest checking their reservation. May mga foreigner din akong nakikita na nakaupo sila sa lounge and busy with their iPad. I wonder if they are watching Netflix.

Derecho lang ako na naglalakad patungo sa elevator and there is no one there aside from the bellhop who is holding the trolly and waiting for the elevator the come down.

Tumingin naman ito sa akin ngumiti at nagbow sa akin. Gumanti lang ako and I moved to a different elevator where no one is waiting. I was tapping my foot on the carpeted floor while looking on the number flashing on the top border of the elevator. It's on the 10th floor. The area is too silent until I heard the ping sound from the elevator of the bell hop's area.

I simply take a look as he went inside and closed the door and within a minute the elevator that I am currently waiting opened and some guest came out from the it. I waited until the elevator is emptied and went inside. Agad na nahagip ng mata ko ang CCTV camera and I believe na kontrolado na ito ni Misha kung sakaling meron man mangyari.

I pressed the floor where senator Velasquez is currently staying. Sobrang taas ng Century Peninsula Hotel. And I wonder how does it feel here when there is earthquake. Knock on the wood, baka magkatotoo pa.

Mga tatlong minuto lang ang itinagal ko sa elevator dahil derecho ang takbo nito. Napangiti ako, malamang minaniubra na ni Misha ang controllers. Bumukas na ang elevator sa floor na sadya ko. I step outside and started walking with keen eyes. Kabisado ko na ang blueprint ng floor na ito. The fire exit row has a passage to the balconies of each room here in this very floor. Doon ako tutungo. Alam ko na rin ang room number ni Senator Velasquez.

Wala akong makitang tao na naglalakad. Malamang nasa loob na ang mga ito o kaya naman ay nasa labas pa at hindi pa nakakauwi. After all, the night has just begun. Pumanhik na ako sa exit stairs and I immediately saw the entrance to the balcony. I stripped my coat and took off my glasses. I took off the heels I am wearing and I put them all in my knapsack. I am wearing the the skin tight suit and shoes. Itinali ko ang buhok ko and I started climbing and jumping silently from a balcony to another.

I am trying to avoid creating a noise or sound. I don't want to put this mission in jeopardy just because I slip or whatever. I am quickly moving until I reached my targeted balcony. I landed in a thin air and manage not to create a noise. The balcony is open and I immediately heard someone talking.