Chapter 18: Who Are You?

Börja om från början

"She's right." He says slowly making my heart sink, he was believing her. I see Birdie start to smile as she starts to slide the ring off my finger which I was letting her do, because I gave up. Jack was going to go back to her, and she was just going to keep hurting him. I don't know what to do. I could feel tears come into my eyes as Birdie stops halfway taking my ring off. We both look up to see Jack grab her hand making her stop, "I wouldn't give you this ring. We had that fight because you cheated on me, that fight was us breaking up." Jack said and I couldn't believe it. He pulls Birdie's hand back and pushes the ring on my finger again. I look up at him and look him in the eyes finally seeing some emotions again, "Whoever you are, you must mean something to me. Because I wouldn't give that ring to just anyone." Jack said making me do a nervous laugh only to make him smile.

"Plus I don't think you'd just kiss anyone like you kissed me." He added making me laugh. "You have got to be kidding me." I hear Birdie say forgetting she was in the room. I turn to her and it almost felt like Hell broke through, she was that pissed. "I think it's time for you to leave Lou-San. My maid and I have some catching up to do." Jack said making me smile a little as I turned back to Birdie, "Thanks for stopping by." I say with a smirk only to make her glare at me before she steps away form Jack and towards me, "Just remember little Miss. Nobody, he doesn't remember you. Let that sink in."

I couldn't look at Birdie as I hear her footsteps leave the room leaving Jack and I alone. Again, we were in silents, not saying a word to each other. "You better be telling the truth." I finally hear Jack say as I look at him, his face serious, "What?" I ask still trying to process everything that's happened in the last 12 hours. "About the ring, you better be telling the truth, that you didn't steal it because if you're lying, then whatever this is, is over." Jack said making me laugh, I couldn't help it. "You know I'm being serious right?" He ask making me nod as I try to calm down, "I do I'm sorry for laughing, it's just it's funny that our whole relationship started with a lie. You lied to Birdie saying we were engaged. And you were so hung up by her that you told me you wouldn't love me... Ever." I say as I move my fingers through my hair.

"But... The night at the party, everything changed." I whisper as I feel my cheeks start to get warm remembering that night. "What happened at the party?" Jack ask as I smile before I turn to him, "You told me you loved me, and we spent the night together." I say. "You mean we..." "Uh huh." I nodded making his cheeks get red again making him look away. "I sound like such a different person in those two years..." He says and from the corner of his lips, I could see him smile, god how I've missed that smile.

He looks back to me after he calms himself down a little, "So... Elsa, right?" He ask and I nod again happy to him say my name again. "What else happened? Tell me our whole story." He says as he grabs my hand and I can see the full smile, the smile that'll make me tell him anything.

"Let's begin where we first meet."

***

Jack got out of the hospital yesterday and I was finally getting out of my cast today. Me being stupid and not listening to the doctor before, I thought I broke it but it wasn't, it was just badly sprained so I can go back to my job by tonight. I haven't seen Jack since I told him everything, how we meet, the party, I mean everything. He even knows I'm his maid thanks to Birdie but that's okay, I told him I'd be by after I get my cast off to do my job. He knows our deal, about me paying him back for my medical bills, but now it seems like his worried I'll have another attack.

But the worse thing is, I felt like I haven't slept since the accident, I'm worried I'm going to crash soon. With everything that's happened, sleep was the last thing on my mind. "Okay Moon-San, you are free to walk again." I hear the doctor say breaking me from my thoughts as I move my ankle in a circle. "Oh that feels so good. Thank you." I say as I bow before I walk out to see my mom at the nurse station. "Hey sweetie, you going to work?" She ask as I nod putting my elbows on the station, "Yeah, and then to Jack's after. How's dad doing?" I ask, he was a sleep when I left this morning which is funny to me since his been asleep for two years.