Chapter 1:Where It Begins

Girls Like You (Jelsa)
By: KittyKat

Chapter 1:Where It Begins

"Elsa! Elsa wake up or we're going to be late for school!" I hear making my eyes open quickly. "Ugh." I say as I rub my eyes, working the night shift kills me in the mornings. I slowly sit up and stretch, at less tonight is Friday, I can sleep in tomorrow before I have to do it all over again tomorrow. I sigh, as I look at the picture on my nightstand. it was a picture of my family at the park before we moved to Japan. I picked up the picture and looked at it closely with a little smile on my face. My father was holding my mother, his shaggy blonde hair with deep blue eyes, he looked just like me. While my mother had beautiful red hair that went past her shoulders and down her back, she had a mix of green/blue eyes. My sister Anna looked just like her, same eyes and hair expect Anna's hair was a little shorter.

In the picture, Anna and I were standing in front of our parents with a smiles on our faces, little did we know our lives were going to change in just a few short months. I hugged the picture tight before I placed it back on my nightstand and see my door slide open, "Elsa, we're going to be late! Come on, mother made breakfast." I see my younger and less patient sister already had her school uniform. I grab a pillow and throw it at her hitting straight in the face making me smile, "Sister dear, we've been through this every morning for four months now, I will be ready in five, don't rush me." I say as I get up and start to change while Anna closes the door and sits on my bed.

I roll my eyes and go behind my divided since I know she won't leave me alone until we're leaving for school. "Did you have another long night?" She ask as I look past my divider to see her looking at my work uniform, she looked upset and disgusted at it. "Don't give me that look Anna Marie, it's good money and it's not as dirty as you think it is. Just... Think like I'm working at Hooters. It's pretty much the same thing." I say as I put my skirt on and walk out from behind my divide with a ribbon in my mouth as I start to put my hair in a high pony. "But it's different Elsa, I mean this uniform is so... Short." She says making me turn to her quickly, "So are the shorts at Hooters, geez take a chill pill."

I knew she didn't fully understand why I was working there but, someday she would. I huff as I go to the bed and grab her giving her a hug, "Mom needs help with money, with dad..." I couldn't say the next part, it was still to hard. "Anyways, I'm just helping mom and I know you don't see it or understand but this job has the best paying job for a teenager and it really is helping the bills." "But I could get a job too Elsa! I'm sixteen, I can help." Anna says almost yelling but it just gives me a warm smile, she has such a big heart and she cares to much. "The best thing you can do for us is help mom with the house and cook dinner, please." I say holding her hand.

I know she was thinking about it until she finally sighs, "Fine, fine. I'll keep doing my part." She says as she grabs my work uniform and puts it in my book bag. She holds the book bag in front of her, I smile and take it. "Thank you."

"Girls, come on we're going to be late." I hear my mother yell as Anna gets up first and I follow behind her my book bag on my back, it was going to be another long day.

***

"I'll see you tonight!" I hear Anna yell as she runs in front of me as we get to the school so she can see her friends. I wave good bye before I start to walk into the school. "Here comes the Ice Queen." I hear a boy say as I walk by. "Is that her? Geez she even looks like a ice queen, she gives me the shivers." I hear a girl say as I walk by her and her boyfriend. "I don't know, I think she's kind of hot." I hear the boy say before I hear an ouch, I'm guessing she hit him. "You're such a pig Ben!" I roll my eyes, this was nothing new to me.