~Chapter 16~

"After every storm comes a rainbow, right?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Despite his many tries, Zayn wasn't able to get his phone from Liam until today, two weeks later. Liam had stopped with his ridiculous demands like holding a hand to cross the street, but he was still pretty strict about not leaving without a security detail.

Zayn had tried to take his mind off of the conversation he had with Harry in the car, but his mind kept wandering back to the fact that the boys viewed him as an attention seeker. It wasn't true, but Zayn thought so.

He scrolled through his missed calls, a few from his sister, some from his friends, but one caught his eye. It was an unfamiliar number that he had never seen before in his entire life from two weeks ago. He played the voicemail.

'Hello, this is the Penrose Hospital calling to inform Zayn Malik of the condition of Trisha and Yaser Malik as well as the condition of their two children. Please give us a call back when you recieve this message. Thank you.'

Zayn's heart froze. He hurriedly called the number back trying to convince himself that everything was okay, but he knew it wasn't.

"Hi, is this the Penrose Hospital? I'm Zayn. I'm calling about my family, The Malik family?" Zayn rushed out pacing around the small bathroom. The man asked him a few clarification questions before switching him over to a different line. The dumb waiting music rang out, but Zayn was too worried to care. After what felt like forever, Zayn heard a female voice on the othere end.

"Hi, I'm Beth. What can I help you with today?"

"I'm calling about the condition of the Malik family?" Zayn said for what seemed like the hundreth time that day. There was a small silence while she looked up the file number, but it seemed like forever to Zayn.

"Right, two girls were admitted two weeks ago with the last name due to a car accident; they were released nine days ago to the guardian Doniya Malik. Is that all?" Beth informed him in a voice that seemed too sweet to be real.

"Um, no. What about the two adults, Trisha and Yaser?" Zayn questioned with a terrible feeling in his gut. He tried to prepare himself for the worst, but he knew that he would never be ready.

"Oh, I'm so sorry love. They're dead."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N

Hey guys! This one is a bit short, but I hope you enjoyed anyway! Also, question of the day:
-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Did you actually think that I would leave the chapter here? lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zayn dropped his phone, his hands were shaking. He was frozen.

He could still hear the faint voice of Beth on his phone, but he didn't care.

They were gone.

The realization set in and he found himself on the floor in tears, fisting his hair, breaking everything around him. He was so far gone that he didn't hear the pounding upon his door or the worried voices behind it. All he cared about was his parents, and they were gone.