~Chapter 13~

"Things won't always go as planned...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zayn sat alone with his thoughts seeing as Harry stepped out to allow him to finish getting ready. He wanted to hurry, but he ran into the same problem as before, he hated his appearance.

"Uhh Harry? Can I stay here?" Zayn questioned. In all honesty, Zayn was afraid to go out in public. All of the people and their judgmental stares were just too much for him to handle.

"Why love? Is something wrong?" Harry questioned with concern lacing his voice. That was all it took for Zayn to regret ever asking the question.

"No, nothing is wrong. Forget I asked."

Zayn glanced at his reflection once more, but he was interuppted by Harry entering. "Well you look all ready to go. What's wrong?" Harry asked after taking in the sight of Zayn.

"I was just worried about the fans seeing us, but I guess it's fine if they do," Zayn lied through his teeth. He then flashed Harry an uneasy smile before walking out and grabbing his beanie and sunglasses in the process.

"Uh Zayn? It's freezing outside. You won't need those," Harry chuckled motioning towards his sunglasses.

"They make me look cool?" Zayn answered, but it came out more like a question. Harry rolled his eyes but agreed that Zayn looks good in them, but in all seriousness, Zayn wore them to hide his face.

They both snuck behind the couch seeing as Liam was asleep on it, but they weren't really sure why they felt the need to sneak. They should be able to leave the house without letting Liam know where they were at. They were grown men...kinda.

"Shouldn't we tell Liam where we are going?" Zayn questioned uneasily once they were on their way to the mall. The last time Zayn left without telling someone, well he'd rather not think about it.

"Pfft, Why would we do that? He's our boyfriend, not our Dad. We don't need him for anything, besides you have me. What could go wrong?" Harry asked, and yeah, Zayn could come up with a list of things that could go wrong.

They drove off to the mall with Zayn writing a list of names for people they needed to get presents for.

"Oh! Don't forget to write Mason's name, we haven't seen him in awhile. Don't write Niall's, I think I already got him one," Harry trailed off, trying to remember whether or not he did.

"Actually, write his name too. You can never buy someone too many presents," Harry said with his excitement growing by the very second. He pulled into the parking lot and unbuckled his seat belt. "Ready?" Harry questioned whilst adjusting his beanie and scarf.

"Yeah," Zayn nodded climbing out of the car. Even though he was originally dreading this, Zayn couldn't deny the fact that he was kinda excited. He couldn't remember the last time he and Harry spent time together alone.

They were only in their first store, Harrods, when Harry began to complain about hunger. "Come on Zayn, I'm starvingggg." Harry exclaimed dragging out the end.

"Fine! I will feed you. Now stop, you're making a scene," Zayn whisper-yelled. Harry took his hand off of his forehead and blushed at the other people staring.

They walked down to the food court, but then decided to split up. Harry would go get the food, and Zayn would get a table.

Zayn found a table easily and sat down to wait for Harry. The smell of food was so strong Zayn found himself wanting to eat. 'No' he thought. He couldn't give in that easily.      

Moments later, Harry came back with food for both him and Zayn. "I noticed you didn't eat earlier, so I got you some food," Harry explained taking his seat. Zayn opened his mouth to object, but he was interuppted by a growl from his stomach.

Hesitantly, Zayn brought a piece of chicken to his mouth and checked to see if Harry was watching. He tried to nibble on it, but immediately found himself grabbing another piece. He was so hungry.

He stopped halfway through realizing what he had done. Then, he was disappointed in himself for the second time that day. How could he have done this? He worked so hard and now it was all ruined becau-

"Great job Zee! I'm so proud of you," Harry exclaimed with a smile that made his face split in two, and yeah, Zayn was confused. Nonetheless, a blush was able to creep up on his face by the compliment.

"Why? I didn't even do anything," Zayn questioned still bewildered by the statement.

"Well, I know that it wasn't easy for you to do that so I figured I would let you know that I'm glad you did," Harry smiled taking his last bite. Zayn opened his mouth to say something else, but he was interuppted by a loud clap of thunder.

They both hurried to the exit after cleaning up the mess, but they were too late. Not only was there thunder and lightning, but there was also hail. "Fuck," Zayn cursed upon seeing the storm.

"I say we make a run for it," Harry suggested seeing tons of other people doing it. "I have no other ideas," Zayn sighed before taking off after Harry who had already run off in the direction of the car.

They were about halfway to the car when Harry tripped and managed to fall face first, "Ow! My fucking face!"

Despite Zayn knowing this was a bad time, he burst into laughter hail and all. As Harry brushed himself off he couldn't help but laugh too. "Ok, maybe running wasn't the best idea," Harry sighed with a hint of a smile still present.

"What do you mean? It is the best idea," Zayn smiled taking off again with Harry right behind him, but the closer he got to the car, the more his smiled faded.

"Oh fuck me!" Zayn yelled in exasperation upon seeing the car. "What's wro- Oh for fucks sake."

The entire windshield had broken and fallen apart from the hail.

"Any ideas?" Zayn asked hopefully, now completely soaked. Harry turned to him sheepishly,

"We can walk..." Harry paused checking his gps, "...27.3 miles?"

Zayn gave him a knowing look, and Harry sighed defeatedly, "Fine, I'll call Liam."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N

Hey guys! It's been awhile. Who's your favorite character so far? You'll be seeing more Louis and Niall in the future!