7

Chapter 7

Brendon's POV-

"Hey, Angel." I smirked.

Hope looked at me with a look of surprise and embarrassment. She's so cute when she's embarrassed.

"Hey, uh, sorry..." She stuttered while beginning to stand up.

"For what?"

"Uh, I don't know. Well, I got to go so..."

I cut her off. "What are you doing here anyways?"

She looked up at me. "I wanted to go for a walk so I came to the nearest park."

"Hmm, I didn't know you lived around here."

"Yeah, I live at 2400 Shorebay."

"Huh. Let me walk you home."

"What?" She questioned.

"Did I stutter?" I smiled.

"Ha...ha... Ok then..."

Hope's POV-

We almost kissed. What the heck just happened. And then he wants to walk me home. He must live by me. Ugh..."

"Hey Hope?" He asked.

I looked up at him. "Yes?"

"Why don't you talk me anymore?"

His question shocked me. "I don't know. I guess it was just awkward to..." I replied.

"Is it because of Faith?"

Brendon's POV-

"Is it because of Faith?" I asked her.

She looked in my eyes.

"Well, that's most of it. Yeah."

"Hope, I don't want anything that happens in the past to affect any of my friendships or relationships with people. I'm still upset about it but, there's nothing I can do but make it better."

"Ok. Sorry."

"It's okay. I just want you to understand that."

"I do now."

Hope's POV-

Hm, that was very inspiring. I'm proud of him.

"Ok, this is my house." I pointed to him.

"No way. I live right there." He pointed.

"Hm. You just can't seem to stay away from me, can you?" I smiled at him. This was the first thing he told me when we met. He obviously got it because he started to laugh.

"Ok, Hope. Adios!" He smirked.

"Bye!" I laughed.

I walked up to my garage and entered the house. After I closed the door, I sat there for a few minutes to rethink everything that just happened. I let out a small giggle and ran up to my room.

Brendon's POV-

As I walked up to my front door, I couldn't stop smiling. I'll never forget that. #1, we almost kissed, and #2, we can finally start talking again. Wait. She doesn't have my phone number, and I don't have hers.

I ripped a piece of paper from an old notebook and scribbled down my phone number and a few sentences about today's events. I placed it in a small envelope and wrote her name on the front. I sprinted up to her front door and rang the doorbell. A tall teenage guy opened the door. He looked about 6 ft. which made him around 4 inches taller than me.