4

L: Hope... She's dead.

Hope's POV-

My mind is racing with thoughts. How is his girlfriend dead? He has, well had, a girlfriend? I can't like him. He'll never date me or anyone again. What is this? I feel so bad for him.

H: What do you mean? When did she die? How? How do you know?

L: Well, I looked him up on IG and in his bio, he said... RIP: Faith Johnson<3 So, I looked up who this chick was and in her IG bio, it read... Taken: Brendon Eriu <3

H: Oh my gosh. That's terrible. How did she.. you know...?

L: She was involved in a car crash earlier this summer.

H: Oh. I have to go. I'm sorry. I need to take all this in. Ttyl.

L: OK, bye. Wish you luck!

This is terrible. I'm not going to be able to face him tomorrow at school.

NEXT DAY

Brendon's POV-

"Why hello there, angel." I smiled at her.

She looked up at me with a look of shock, confusion, and hurt. What could possibly be wrong? I mean, I don't think that could have offended her in any way.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked her concerned.

Hope's POV-

Oh no. He actually thought of a nickname. I couldn't believe it. I mean, his girlfriend just freakin died!

"Hey, you okay?" He asked me.

You mean besides the fact your girlfriend just died and you're burying this all down and you look perfectly happy...

"Fine." I whispered.

"You sure?" He asked while tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

I flinched and sort of backed away a little.

"Yeah." I spoke grumpily.

"Ok..." He replied. He looked a little hurt.

I wanted to apologize so badly but, I didn't want him to know I knew about Faith. Also, I didn't want to upset him by bringing up the subject.

Brendon's POV-

What is going on? I think I'm just going to leave her alone for a little bit. Even though I don't want to, it's for the best.

Hope's POV-

Great. Now I have to draw his eyes. Just great. Shakily, I pick up the charcoal pencil. When I first look into his eyes, I now see a mix of happiness and sadness. Normal people, or people who wouldn't know about Faith, would most likely just see the color, hazel. This is going to be a long class.

Brendon's POV-

As she looks into my eyes to replicate them on the paper, tears start to collect in her eyes. She was shakily sketching out my pupil, when suddenly, one single teardrop slid down her cheek, onto the paper. She quickly wiped her face, hoping that I didn't notice.

LUNCH

Hope's POV-

I decided to isolate myself from everyone at lunch, so I sat alone in the back of the cafeteria.

Brendon's POV-

When I entered the lunchroom, I decided I would try to talk to Hope. I soon spotted her all alone at a table in the back. I slowly and quietly strode over to her. She was picking at her food, not really eating it.

"Can we talk?" I whispered to her.

She jumped a little at the sound of my voice. She must not have seen me come.

"About?" She choked out.

"You."

She looked up at me. Tears cloaked her face.

"Wha...what do you mean?" She stuttered.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Now I know that's not true. Please? You can tell me anything."

She looked uncomfortable with the topic.

"Okay well, just know I'm here if you ever want to talk." I reassured her.

I was a little disappointed that she wouldn't tell me but, you can't force someone to tell you something.

Hope's POV-

"Okay well, just know I'm here if you ever want to talk." Brendon smiled.

I gave him a small nod. I couldn't just tell him how I felt. Even I don't even know how I feel. I mean, I can't just tell him how I know about Faith... Or can I?