✯ ashes.

"all that i wanted, i got, and it still made me sad

"all that i wanted, i got, and it still made me sad."

3rd

he found her sitting on the balcony, center rooftop, looking down into the pitch black night sky. the only lights that were visible to the human eye were cars passing by on the busy streets of los angeles.

oddly enough, it was like jack possessed an affinity for her. he could feel everything she felt. he could always feel her pain, her sadness, her anger. therefore he knew when she was hurting.

he didnt have to go very far to find the girl, she was sitting on the very roof top of an apartment building, feet dangling over the side.

in one hand, she held a lot marlboro cigarette. in the other, he couldn't tell, seeing as it's now tightly clasped shut.

she had been crying due to her hitched breathing, and the long black lines of mascara that streamed down her soft, cold, pale cheeks.

her lungs were tight with pressure and the back sides of her knees rubbed raw from the cement bricks that kept chaffing them.

it was bad again, this time, jack had no idea what to do.

he walked towards without speaking a word, not wanting to scare her off, and sat down next to her on the ledge. jack grabbed the lit cigarette from between her two long fingers taking a hit from it and blowing out windy smoke a just moments later.

y/n took a deep breath in, felt like a burning fire in hell considering how much sobbing and smoking she'd been doing.

"why are you here, g?" she raspily asked.

"you. i wanna help you." the man responded immediately.

she laughed sarcastically and reached into the pocket of her oversized black sweater, pulling out another cigarette. without hesitation she stuck the little white stick in her mouth.

the grey lighter and tiny piece of silver, unclasped out of her left hand.

"fuck," the petite, depressed girl mumbled.

jack's dark brown eyes found the blade balancing on the ledge and as he began to reach for it, y/n slammed her hand and picked it up, placing it in her pocket.

"you can help me anymore, it's not your job to save everyone. we aren't together anymore, jack." she spat harshly, and lit the cigarette in her mouth.

andrew took one last hit from the butt end of the cigarette and tossed it out into the dark sky. it fell down, until it was no longer in sight. a white speck.

"this isn't about everyone, y/n. it's about you. and it's about us." he spoke softly.

she didn't speak and instead took another long drag from her cigarette, before ashing it into the side of the building and standing up.

"it's your lucky day g, my personal shit no longer has anything to do with you!" she basically screamed at the boy. his soft brown eyes were filled with tears.

he stood up and followed the girl like a lost puppy, making her way back into the rooftop elevator, where she'd first came in at.

jack followed suit, determined to save his ex girlfriend from her own insanity. her own mind.

he grabbed onto her arm, just as she was about to make a run for it, and snatched the white sweater from her body. that is now covered in cigarette dirt and cigarette ashes.

the sight would've been horrific to see for anyone, it was like a horror movie that played continuously without end.

her small, frail arms were covered in thin, dark lines. some were deeper and longer than others. every inch of skin from her thighs to her collar bone were covered.

the words he wanted to scream at the girl were stuck in the back of his throat. jack could no longer hold back the tears.

"y-your -skin.. wha-t h-happened..?" he began to speak, but nothing managed to come out of his body but a screeching sob.

"you can't help everyone, it's to late for me jack." she whispered underneath her ridden tears. and without another word rushed out into the elevator.

leaving the man in a melancholy, and depressing state.

💔.