Bonus Chapter: Hope for the Holidays

It was a cold, winter's eve. The island was coated in a small blanket of snow. The stars above glittered brightly like diamonds. A fire crackled on a spot on the beach. And there, in the shelter of a small part of the plane wreckage, sat Caramel, reading a book she found in the debris. It wasn't one she had seen before, so she figured since there were no other survival chores to take care of, it would be nice to relax for one night. 

The story she read was a novel telling the tale of a dashing prince who lost his eyesight to a shadow beast due to a terrible-but-mutual misunderstanding. Wanting to make things right with him, she disguised herself as a princess and led the prince to a sorcerer who could heal his eyesight. However, she partly feared completing her quest, as the prince would then see who was responsible for blinding him to begin with. It was a beautiful love story, and once she found the book, Caramel couldn't resist finding out what happened.

As she read on, Z watched her from above through a hole in the plane roof. Slyly, he dropped down and rather roughly crashed into the seat next to her. Startled, she whirled her head towards him. Though ruffled, Z turned his head to her despite his awkward landing, and gave her a playful smile. Not being able to resist his antics, she smiled back. He then stuck his tongue out at her in a humorous way, to which she rolled her eyes good-naturedly, and went back to her book.

While she was lost in the fairytale world, Z picked himself up and sat up straight. After a few moment's hesitation, he subtly slid a TAD closer to her. Seeing that she hadn't noticed yet, he scooted over 3 times more. With a side glance, he gave a big stretch, holding it for all of a few seconds, then casually dropping his left arm over her. This she noticed.

Curious, she turned to see Z's arm on her shoulder, then turned to face Z, who did the exact thing, bringing the two nose-to-nose. Shyly, she lowered her gaze and looked away a little, leaving her cheek unguarded. Seeing his chance, Z leaned his head forward and kissed it. This made Caramel surprised. She wheeled back on Z, blushing, who gave her a hopeful smile, one that looked a little less confident and playful than before. When she said nothing, his smile twisted into a face of defeat and embarrassment. 

Assuming the worst, Z got up and ran out of the plane wreck, Caramel stretching out an arm after him, then retracting it, feeling bad for not speaking up in time. She then placed a hand on the cheek that Z had kissed, feeling light and a little pleased inside.

***

Outside, Z stood at the edge of the plane's wreckage, where it had broken off from where it was originally attached. He gazed up into the sky, and saw two lonely birds fly by. They almost seemed to be dancing around each other, happy in each other's company. Seeing them made him think of Caramel. He glanced back, and swallowed his disappointment and hurt, causing a big lump to nearly force out his tears.

Shaking his head, Z prepared to jump off and head back, when something caught his foot, tripping him over. He landed on the floor with a thump. Confused, he turned to see what had obstructed him, only to see the bob of a fishing line. Pupils dilating, he knew what was coming and tried to get away, but the pull of the fishing rod was too strong, and he was reeled back into the plane.

Z was dragged back inside on his stomach. He turned and winced, only to see Caramel standing next to Awesome, a fishing rod in his hand. He gave one sharp tug, which pulled the line back in without Z on the end of it, and he turned and made his way out. Left alone, Z stood up and rubbed his arm, not sure how to defend himself, or what to say.

He then felt Caramel's hand take his chin and tip it up so he could face her. Before Z could figure out what was going on, she had returned the kiss to his own cheek. She pulled away, giving him a soft smile that let him know she accepted his little declaration. With a soft smile back, he pulled her in for a hug, and the two embraced.

Above them, Awesome sat on the ceiling, smiling down on the happy pair. He then turned his eyes to the sky, where he watched the heavens, hoping that the three of them would survive long enough to live out their happy lives together.

*sigh* ...A shame we might never know if that comes to be true. Anyways, guys, this one has no dialogue, but I have a reason why: It's going to be an actual animation! (At least, it's in the works for now) As we speak, the real Z's cooking up one AWESOME Blender animation, and it'll bring the story to life! (Or at least, this one chapter) So kick up your feet, munch on some snacks, grab a blanket, and start up the fire, because it's about to get FUZZY!