Chapter Eight

Persistently searching for what we imagined together the distance

执着地寻找着一起畅想的远方

(a/n: lol I found Xukun and Lay wearing the same shirt. Also I may start randomly recommend a few songs at the top ^^ )

Bu fan was silently watching his boyfriend ,Yue yue from afar. He only left for a minute and his group was already fighting. "Zhu.Zheng.Ting, so what?" Ziyi spits out , "Guys let's stop-" Xukun said concernedly. Without thinking before acting Justin leaps on Ziyi. But Xukun and Bu fan blocks his way as Bu fan locks his arms and Xukun shields Ziyi. Justin's voice cracks when he screamed out "Bitch, shut your mouth! Should I sow your lips together?". "You can't shut my mouth there's so many fun things to say about him. Heh it's no wonder he got dumped in Korea!" Ziyi jeered. Justin's struggling limbs suddenly froze, "Ziyi that's enough, you need to stop" Xukun wanted to stop Ziyi from spilling unnecessary details, but Ziyi won't stop. Ziyi faces Xukun and asserted "Xukun, since when were you on their side? You're getting too close with that pig. You've broken one of the rules and you know what that means."

"Justin and Wang Ziyi fighting right before my eyes. You know what that means, to the principal's office" Minghao admonished as he was disappointed in their behavior.

Cai Xukun lead the troublesome boys Justin and Ziyi while Zhu Xingjie was tasked to keep an eye on them too.It felt like Ziyi and Justin were prisoners and Xukun and Xingjie were the guards or police taking them to their prison cell. Justin walks closer to Xingjie, the only person he's most friendly with at the moment. Justin coughs grabbing Zhu Xingjie's attention "What kind of punishment will the principal give me?" Justin whispered anxiously. Xingjie shrugs unsure of what could happen to the young boy "There's a variety of them. One time I got caught for breaking the curfew and boundary, so he made me sleep outside in a tent. Xiao gui was being too loud and wouldn't shut up in class so he had to sit in the office in silence for an hour, every sound he makes the time would restart." Xingjie explained. Justin was curious about Xiao Gui though. Xiao Gui was more talkative and louder than him how did he manage to stay quiet for an hour, unless he was sleeping of course. "Xiao Gui spent 5 hours in the office until he got tired and slept for like 2 hours till he was released" Xingjie said like he was reading Justin's mind.

Xukun knocked on the door when they reached the office. The door opens and to everyone's surprise a teary Zhengting walked out. Zhengting was shock when Justin entered the office, but Justin was more shocked seeing Zhengting coming out crying. "W-what happened? Why are you crying?" Xukun asked as he hesitate to pat Zhengting's back, but Xingjie acted before him as he took out a packet of tissue. Zhengting sniffs "H-he was..." "He was?..." Xukun repeated. Zhengting wipes a tear before finishing off his sentence "... he was crying". Xukun and Xingjie were confused "The principal was crying?" Xingjie remarked. "Why were you crying then?" Xukun asked for the second time. "Well he suddenly took out a chopping board and knife-" "Did he cut you?!" Xukun blurts out loudly as he spun Zhengting around to see if he was still intact. "That's worse than corporal punishment" Xingjie gasped.

Zhengting roll his eyes stopping Xukun from touching him "Let me finish! He was cutting onions, and blamed the onions for making him cry!" he shouted of annoyance. "Also why is Justin in there with Wang Ziyi?!" he asked. Xingjie and Xukun froze, they glanced at each other. "Uhhhh I forgot! I still need to go practice. See you guys never!" Xingjie excused as he dashed away quickly. Xukun watched Xingjie's back slowly disappear in the distance and felt betrayed. He starts sweating as he could feel someone's suspicious stare.

Zhang Yixing's office

When Ziyi and Justin entered the office they were whacked with a strong smell of onions and their principal dropping tears. Yixing sniffs and wipes his tears with tissues when realizing the two boys in front of his desk. He immediately gains posture and dumps the tissue into the bin, blinking his tears away he turns back to his strict side "What trouble did you two cause for Xu Laoshi (The8) to bring you here". The quick change in Yixing's personality crept the two boys a bit. Justin glanced at Ziyi who showed no emotion, before starting to explain.

Mall . Akita energy skin care store

Xukun stood by a stand of moisturizers checking out some of the brands as he waited for Zhengting to pick out a few products he wanted to buy. Zhengting has been successfully distracted from the questions he wanted to ask Xukun, that Xukun couldn't and didn't want to answer. Zhengting had picked a new lip balm, hand cream and 4 packs of sheet masks which Xukun agreed to pay for or else Zhengting wouldn't have left the school with him.

They walk out the store and went to a takeaway to eat. Zhengting then receives a notification email from one of the makeup stores he subscribed to. Zhengting's eyes widen as he read the email "Two tone matte lipsticks are on sale?!". Zhengting quickly finished the last bite of his burger and told Xukun to wait for him as he hurried off to find the store in the mall. Xukun sighs when Zhengting left "Wait wait wait I have to wait wait wait again... I could write a song already" Xukun hummed, making up a tune on the spot.

Zhengting entered the crowded cosmetic store. Zhengting went to the lipsticks section and tried to find the lipstick he was eager to buy. Among the different sticks he finally spots the color he's been looking for. The excited boy reached for the last box of his color collection. His fingers had only brushed against the black box. Zhengting only blinked and the box was gone, instead it appeared in a girl's pale hands that was decorated with many bracelets and rings.

"Uh-" Zhengting's voice gets caught in his throat as he wanted to tell her he had that first. He coughs out his dry throat and tries to gain her attention again "Sorry miss, I had that first" he said politely. But the girl responds with an attitude "Oh but it's already in my hands". Right after she said that two high school girls walked past her accidentally bumping into her through the narrow aisle. The box in her hands dropped from the impact and Zhengting quickly picks it up before she could react. Her googly eyes widen when she noticed the missing object. "Now it's in my hands" Zhengting proclaimed proudly, shaking the box. "Give it back!" she yelled in a high pitched voice, but Zhengting ignored and turned away.